Night Blooming Jasmine! help!

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey yall..I bought one of these last...late spring..It had a few blooms for a very short while..I moved it to the Southwestern side of my yard..It is doing good as far as the green goes..but I have no blooms! Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I looIed over the Plant File..according to it, I should have some already!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Sometimes when you transplant things they spend their energy recovering from that stress and making new roots rather than flowering--I've had many many plants that were blooming in the container when I bought them but stopped shortly after planting and didn't bloom again until the following season. As long as the plant looks healthy I wouldn't worry about it, should be fine next year. The other possibility is if it got too much nitrogen fertilizer, that will encourage lots of green growth at the expense of flowers.

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok..well, at least I know there may be a chance for next year! I have been reading on here..getting some really great ideas for fragrants! Maybe next year..or if it is a normal "winter" here..may have some sooner! Thanks a bunch!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah next year, and you could look into Rabbit Farm Buds&Blooms organic flower food....I put some in the dirt around mine, watered well, and it bloomed like crazy for a about 2 weeks. If it gets freezing there be sure to protect it.. they are warm natured.

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok..thanks for the tip on the organics. Girl, when I started this last June, I was so clueless, it was pathetic. I had tried to grow a few things years ago and it was awful..Of course, I was young and on the go alot. I really enjoy it..I just had NO idea how much work it is..I sorta had the idea..buy it, water it, watch it grow! LOL..Boy, was I wrong!
It rarely freezes down here..It came the first snow here in Dec of 2004 that the area had seen in over 80 years!!! These folks went nuts. I grew up with ice and sometimes snow..and we have done lots of traveling where there are actually FOUR seasons!!
Again, thanks for the info. It's folks like you, that help folks like me , not only HAVE gardens, but get them to prosper!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

YW!! So just keeping it watered and fed will bring her back and you'll be bloomin by no time..

Here's mine a couple weeks ago at 3' tall, more blooms than I have ever seen on it, and it filled the yard at night with perfume.

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey...after looking closer at YOUR pics of your plant..I went and took a closer look at mine..It looks like it is putting on the stems(not sure if thats the right word)that the flowers are on...anyway..looks like some are growing on it..So, think I may end up with a few blooms?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes you might Turbo, Mine has some new blooms coming on it too. Get some goos plant food now and I bet you WILL get blooms in a week or 2. Rabbit Farm is a Texas Company, so you might check with your local nurseries and see if they have a small bag of it. I think mine was about $7 for 2-3 lb bag. I put it on all the bloomers.

http://www.aogc.org/pages/rhf/

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I just realized that that site^ doesn't list Buds & Blooms ...They do have it, and it sells at more Garden stores than are listed on their site. They are lacated in Corsicanna, but I have seen their products at certain nurseries all over Keller and Southlake too. I can call them for ya and find out where a place is near you.

Deb

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Deb! That would be great! Corpus would be ideal..Wonder if Turner's may have it..You heard of him.He has all the oleanders and patents on some beauties! If not, Corpus, would have to order it but that's no biggie..I just want instant gratification.lol

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Still time for you, relax... I will call Rabbit Hill Farms tomorrow and ask Jay for stores in Corpus that sell Buds & Blooms.

Deb

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Kewl!! Drop me a line here..I will ck in..For now..gonna finish emails and hit the hay..Been a long day and I am pooped!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.