Can anyone Id this baby?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Almost stepped on him/her.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

it is a baby, isn't it? has that big head look. how long/big do you think it is?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I found out is a baby corn snake on the verge of moulting .. thats why its eyes are cloudy. Its about a foot long.

X

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Neat. I wish I had some around here! He/she could eat bulb eating vermin

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

even the most dedicated snake - o-phobe (my mom) has admitted- gee maybe I should have left it alone to eat my mice : )

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol .. that's the main reason I leave all snakes, poisonous and non-poisonous alone. The truth of the matter is that snakes try to avoid you as much as possible. Only a few, like Black Snakes, who always wake up on the wrong side of the bed, will bother you (those badboys will chase you!). I found a Copperhead in my shed a few weeks ago who manage to survive getting bug bombed. When I opened the shed and moved a box which reavealed him, he turned around and left.

X

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

There's a nursery not too far from here that will swap plants for snakes. I don't think they do mail order, though LOL

They raise mostly trees, and are constantly doing battle with mice. I'll look for the site, it's pretty funny

Here it is:http://www.seedlingsrus.com/Snakes.html

edited to add link

This message was edited Oct 17, 2006 12:19 PM

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Great link! Interesting read.

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.