Come point fingers and laugh at me. : )

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

I was riding Macy this morning and not paying much attention to what was going on elsewhere and when I left the ring I looked out into the field, like I always do. And all the horses have been shrunk. Vaporized. They are GONE and all that's sitting out there are their turn out sheets lying humped up on the ground. 10 turn out sheets. Just laying there. No horses. Did the aliens come and I missed them? Was it the Rapture and they don't need turn out sheets in Heaven? Uhm...seriously, 10 turn out sheets lying in the field with no horses under them. Were they in a puddle of goo under there?

I just about had a heart attack. I actually trotted poor Macy out there like a loon and slid off to peek underneath a blanket like there might be a teeny tiny shrunken horse under there. Yes, I am that big a fool just now. It was a total Candid Camera moment.

Turns out my ex turnt all the horses out this morning with their sheets on, decided about 11 am it was getting too warm for them and so went out and took them all off, dropping them where the horses stood, with the intention of going out in the gator to load all the blankets into instead of carrying them back by hand. And I just happened to come out of the ring in that 5 minute gap....and all the geldings had gone down to the bottom of the field to their favourite rolling spot, once their clothes were off, so I couldn't see them.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2006 8:02 AM

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!