Furniture

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi,
I'm kinda new to the forums, but this one is great!

This is hard to explain, but I'm going through a period right now where I notice that our furniture (leftovers from 2 previous marriages, plus random auction buys) is not working out for us. For example, my husband is using the kids' old changing table as a dresser, and it's not nearly big enough to hold his clothes. So the rest of them end up spread across the stereo and the low bookshelves. Yeah. We are now looking for a real dresser.

We have a wonderful desk that he actually made (he's pretty handy) but no storage nearby, so we have these crappy boxes near the desk. I just ordered a file cabinet that has a file drawer in the bottom, and three drawers on top (online at Target). I can't wait to use it! We need storage for envelopes and checks and such, and it will be awesome to have real files that we can use. People at my workplace would laugh if they could see this...I'm really organized at work, but at home, not so much!

I finally got rid of a giant art easel and folding room screen -- put "FREE" on them and set them at the end of our driveway last weekend. They were gone within a couple of hours. Yay! They were taking up way too much room in the basement right next to the cats' litter boxes.

There are many more examples, but I wondered, is anybody else dealing with odd furniture that just doesn't work?

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!