close up photo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Lets see if this forum will let me post this picture yet! I have tried several times!! For some reason, I can't seem to post a photo to this forum any more....

When I bought this little Nikon Coolpix last year, I loved it for it's ability to take close up shots. I thought I would have it made for taking daylilies when the season came - but no - it loses it when it looks at daylily colors. Had to get another camera for that. But this thing takes super closeups!

I am unsure just which heuchera this is... I have quite a few of the grayed patterned ones.

I love this shot... I have made it into a desktop picture for my Mac. (Wallpaper in Windows language).

This message was edited Oct 15, 2006 11:00 AM

Thumbnail by daylily_ohio
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I did go back and look --- this must be "Silver Scrolls"

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whatever it is the picture is great!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Nice photo. Thanks for posting it.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

awesome photo!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

That's beautiful! My husband's Olympus just can't seem to take close-ups. They just come out blurred. Hopefully we'll get to upgrade someday soon. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy you're pic. What a gorgeous Heuchera! And I love the waterdrops.

w

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks.

It's a tiny little camera, but sure has taken some great close ups. Good for landscapes too. For some reason though, it just cannot "see" the colors of daylilies properly. Won't pick up the patterns, subtleties or colors. Even though I ended up with a digital SLR --- I kept this Nikon for it's closeups. I tried macro lenses for the SLR, but they were not as much fun to use as this little camera.

This was one of the first 3-4 photos I took with the camera. Was probably the reason I decided to keep it! It was the 4th or 5th camera I had tried from the camera store! I'm sure they were happy I decided on one! LOL.

Jules

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Jules - nice closeup!

winging, I had the same problems with my old Olympus for a couple of years until I figured what all the buttons were for! If you use the little "flower" icon for closeups - you can shoot them as close as 8". DH has one of the fancy Nikons and wants to buy me a new one (Olympus is 5 years old), but I'm satisfied with the old one for now - it will take me forever to "master" the darned thing but in the meantime I'm having fun with it :) Love the morning dew on this one - H. 'Licorice'.

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Jules and Debbie, the 'dew pictures' are so lovely! I love taking pics. I got a new Canon IS2 last year and have been trying out the different settings. It takes great closeups but I can't take a decent far off shot with it. I couldn't with my other camera either, the distance shots seem to be blurry to my eye. Haha, maybe it's my eye!

Sandy

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Debbie,
I'll check that out. Thanks!

w

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

A very nice closeup. I added Silver Scrolls this year and it is lovely!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Beautiful pic

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.