What kind of....or is it one?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

A friend of a friend gave me this "fern". She swares it's a fern, but I have yet to find it in any files here at DG's or anywhere else on the net. Can anyone help me with the ID? Please?

Thanx so much.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

That to me looks like Yarrow. I'd put it in ID.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx growin, I just did.
This has a woody stem like a horsetail fern. The "leafy" part has come up from the woody stem & the stem has died back. In the friends' yard these plants have no bloom & grow in full sun, with lots of water (beside an acre pond). I'm really puzzled about this one.

Joey

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Joey, just posted an ID for you in the ID forum - Tanacetum vulgare var. crispum (Fern-leaf Tansy) http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/82735/index.html. It will flower, although ours is a little finicky - flowers some years, others not, but the foliage is nice without the flowers.

Debbie

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Oh, Thank you, Debbie! I'm so excited! I really thought that the woman that gave it to me was a little looney. Now I know it's not her ~ it's ME! LOL
I really appreciate this. :-D

Joey

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

lol. We are all a bit loonie. :-)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

LOL, Some times I really wander how I have servived all these years! Thuroughly Amazed! :-))

Joey

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

That form of Tansy isn't as available as the standard form, so consider it something special even though it is only "ferny" and not a fern.

Robert.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx Robert, I will & she said I could have more, if I wanted. :-D

Joey

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.