Are there hoya's in michigan

Davison, MI(Zone 5a)

Anyone know where we can look at and or buy hoya's in Michigan, besides Home Depot?

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

HI cflowr, I have a baby hoya that I'm growing from a cutting off of a friend's very old plant. I had a nice plant years ago and really enjoyed it. I left it out to long one fall and it got sick and eventually died. Won't make that mistake again. Anyway, I occassionally see hoyas come through the greenhouse where I've worked (Telly's). None right now though. Usually come in from Florida or Bayview in Canada around Christmas time as a houseplant. Have you checked some of the GHs near you. Bordines, Jacobsons, etc. might get them. I've occassionally seen them in Meijer's as well. If not you might try mail order. I've bought things from Logee's in Connecticutt, they're expensive as all you get is a rooted plug, but I know they have them. Here's a list of other mail order companies that carry them http://davesgarden.com/gwd/advanced.php?category=107 . When mine grows up I'd be happy to share. Don't live near enough to the friend to get another one right now. They are beautiful plants. You could put in a request for one at one of your more local GHs.
Jeane

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Dmail one of our best members on this site: jerodsmom - she sells starter Hoya plants and is the NICEST person you could ever deal with!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I have a hoya thats about 25 years old and doing very well I have never repoted it it needs it but its so big I'm kind of afraid I'd do some thing to hurt it I need to find some one that has done it before to kind of coach me along

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.