Foggy mornings

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Early morning fog at this time of the year is a sign that we are moving towards winter here as the Earth moves slightly away from the Sun in its eliptical orbit. Mornings are pleasantly cool. But this fog somehow does affect some people with respiratory problems. This begins in the late evening and stays there till the sun warms it up the next morning.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The droplets collect on flower petals and leaves and make it good for pictures.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The vegetable vendors move on in the fog, visibility at the time of taking the picture has improved a bit. 100 metres away, you still can't see.

Thumbnail by Dinu
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice pictures Dinu. I love foggy mornings. Everything is so soft and dewy! Love the color of that flower, looks like butter!

(Zone 5a)

Dinu, nice photos! The flower is beautiful. Love foggy mornings but don't get them very often here.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

In fact, that was the only morning in the recent season which was like that. It came in the evening papers too. Now, there is not much fog. It surely does in November or December when it gets a bit cooler.

Yes, that plumy was so lovely, so aromatic.

Dinu

Yorkshire,

Dinu, your pictures are fantastic, I enjoyed looking at them. The flower is lovely, almost like wax. I would love to see more pictures of the foggy mornings when they return in November. Thank you for sharing them.

Terri

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thank you Terri. This morning was a bit foggy too. Not to that extent though. So did not take pic. The northern parts of India is experiencing such mornings now and it is a sign that winter is setting in. Being closer to the Himalayan mountain ranges, the northern part gets cool up to 1C. Whereas here in the southern part, we get only down to 13C at the peak. The days are generally pleasant, with cool sun, clear blue sky. They say it is good to walk on grass - barefoot - where the dew has fallen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.