pool covers

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

In the process of trying to buy a solar pool cover for my GH I ran into this and I want to warn everyone about it.
On October 4th I ordered a cover from America's Best Pool Supplies and paid by PayPal. Heard nothing from them so I checked the status of my order (Oct. 11) and it had not shipped!I emailed them and they said that was the manufacturers responisibility! I paid them, not the manufacturer. This morning I emailed them cancelling my order and they just wrote saying they would charge me a 10% cancellation fee! For what?? A phone call they made to the manufacturer??

A crooked company in my opinion.

Molly D

Fulton, MO

Can PayPal help you with this?

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I think they may have since I did email them and 5 mins ago I got an email that they're giving me back all my money. They say the manufacturer was out of the material! A notice to that effect would have been nice.

Molly

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Update on this: just got an email that the company is refunding me all my money. They say the manufacturer was out of the material.Still not a good one to deal with IMHO

MollyD

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Has anyone here bought a ULTRA-Therm Solar Heating Blanket ? It arrived here this afternoon and honestly it looks just like bubblewrap to me. Presented with both I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This one is 16 x 32 and was packed in a roll inside a large grey plastic bag that said sun cover on the outside. It has what looks like black thread joining the sections together.
I've never bought any pool covers so I'm not sure what it should look like but this hardly seems worth the money to me.

MollyD

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Molly, pool covers do resemble bubble wrap. Ideally, if two sections, it should be fused together, not sewn. Although it looks like bubble wrap, it is much heavier, and the crinkled side goes up. What color is it? Ideally, they should be a dark blue or black, so to attact the heat from the sun, thus warming the water. They are very effective, especially to those of us whose spings sometimes are cool, and it lets us be in the pool a lot sooner. I have never heard of that company, so I can't give an opinion on them.

Fulton, MO

My solar pool cover doesn't look anything like bubblewrap. It is much thicker and tougher.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

This is clear since it's for my greenhouse not a pool. It does seem tough if you tug on it there is no stretch or give. SB did you install yours with bubbles up or down? I'm putting mine on the inside of the GH with an airgap between it and the GH film.

MollyD

Fulton, MO

Bubbles down!

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

okay, bubbles down it is. So that I'm facing the bubbles when I look up, right?

MollyD

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.