Bell Peppers

Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

Is anyone here familier with growing Bell Peppers? The ones we had this year never produced eatable peppers. It seems that as the peppers were growing and trying to get to maturity (to be picked) they would rot. The plant seemed healthy except for that. I'm at a loss as to why that would happen. Our regular hot pepper plants produced good peppers. Just wanted to get some ideas before next year!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

This was a weird year for growing peppers and tomatoes. Normally I get a healthy crop of tomatoes, small but healthy, and my peppers don't do much. This year was the opposite. I had plenty of tomatoes but very few peppers. My coworkers had the same problem. Good crop of one but not the other. It was just a weird year.

Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

yeah....the tomatoes did really well for us too. But I've never had a plant that produced veggies that rotted before they were done and ready to pick. Not sure exactly what happened there. Like I said...the other peppers did fine although they didn't have bunches of them.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mine did the same thing and some of my mom's coworkers had the same problem. I have no idea why so I just blame it on the weird weather. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.