At last the Mandevilla buds!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Last year this vine took off, this year very little. I think my PF is draining the life out of it (even though it's on the opposite side of the arbor)!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Does it get enough sun, water, and fertilizer? Mine has been blooming for several months and is slowing down a lot now, so I think if yours was in an environment that made it happy it would have started blooming much sooner.

Full sun, watered 1-2x per week depending on the heat, and lightly fertilized about every 6-8 weeks. Am I doing something wrong?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Nope, that sounds right to me, I just thought maybe it was too shady or didn't get enough food or water and that would explain why it didn't bloom sooner. But I guess not, sorry don't have an answer for you then! Did you prune it earlier in the year? I wonder if it's one of those plants that needs to be cut back a bit to get good growth and blooms. I honestly don't know if that's the case with these, mine generally seems to bloom on the newer growth, so if you didn't get much new growth this year then maybe that's it. But I'd wait for someone who knows more to come along before you decide to hack away at it next spring!

Here's the flower! I'm so thrilled!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Absolutely beautumus!!!

They have such a nice sweet scent - I just love them!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a question about this plant. does it get " rust"
Im trying to figure out if I have problem with my plant. its not looking too good.
Looks like rust on the leaves.

any suggestions??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.