What to use to clean the Polycarbonate on a Rion

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

It won't be much longer before I will be removing the Shade Net on my GH. I read through my manual and even went to the Rion web site and never found what is the best stuff to use on the Polycarbonate to clean it. Does anyone out there know?

Fulton, MO

Not bleach.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I just read all through my books and stuff too and don't see the answer. Hmmmm. You might email customer service and ask them. They usually answer fairly quick.

I will do that in the morning. Thanks Chele I looked on there web site when I was looking for an answer and I don't remember seeing a place to email. I better go check into it again.

I found on the home page a place that said to "contact them". I did send them a email and will let you know what they tell me. Mine has a lot of water spots on it from me spraying it down all summer, to help cool it down. That is what I want to get rid of, along with the Kansas dirt.

You don't think bleach would do it huh SB. I tend to agree there.

Fulton, MO

Bleach releases from the PC a bad actor called bisphenol-A, a compound which binds to estrogen receptors and has potential adverse endocrine effects. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol-A

I couldn't beleive I already have the answer:

Dear Linda,

The best way to clean Rion greenhouse, is to sweep the surface with plain water, using mild detergent and soft rag to eliminate all the dust and dirt..
Regards

Raya Livne
Customer Relations Manager
Tel: +972 4 9952771
Fax: +972 4 9952677
Mobile: +972 52 8011971
Email: marketing@rion.com
www.rion.com

This message was edited Oct 11, 2006 9:23 AM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

So..............no chance for me to get pregnant if I am cleaning the greenhouse with bleach? LOL I'm taking the clorox and going to live out there!!

Way to go Linda! Plain old water and soap. chuckle.

It does sound like a little elbow grease will be needed in cleaning the GH. Ah shucky darn I was hoping for something a little easier. LOL

Fulton, MO

BS, I don't think it will work for you. What you have to do is send hubby out there with bleach and polycarbonate. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ROTFLOL I knew the answer was too easy and I would not like it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.