Chihuly Exhibit at the New York Botanical Gardens

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Pictures from my visit yesterday on the most beautiful Fall day ever!

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat

More pictures...

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat

And yet more pictures...

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat

Flowers and plants from the Botanical Garden. Yes, those are California Poppies pretending this is not Fall. The orchids were in a hanging basket. I just thought the coleus were pretty.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I want to go see this. How long will it run?
martha

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I guess I'm the only one who can't wait for the glassblower show to be over so I can get my NYBG back!! Honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. Walk around lower Manhattan and you'll see similar quality (and better) glass all over. This show has turned the garden upside down. What's next - 'artistic' slinkies 'integrated' into the garden?? I'll take plain old Mother Nature providing all the oohs and aahs I need. Hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but...

Victor

The show runs through the 28th of October. Admission to everything including the glass exhibit in the greenhouse is $20.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Sigh. I am going to miss this one too. There was an exhibit at the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus OH a couple of years back and there was one down at Fairchild Tropical Gardens earlier this year. I really want to get to see one of his exhibits! I love the work from pictures, but I want to see the real thing!
Marth

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I love the NYBG! I always go for the orchid show. Funny how you mentioned the California Poppies - mine are still blooming. Not as heavily as in the summer, but they are still going.

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

yankeecat - Thank you for sharing. We were at a Wedding way out on Long Island a couple of weeks ago, and did not realize there was a Chichuly exhibit in town. Sooo disappointing. Your lovely pictures have eased the pain.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

I went to the NYBG in August to see the Chihuly Exhibit.
It was great.
You can view my pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlf/sets/72157594232547579/

Nancy

gabagoo - GREAT pics!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I love the NYBG!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for the picture of the chocolate tree!!! I was there a couple of years ago at Christmas time and I loved the Haupt Conservatory. Chihuly is a wonder to me because he places the art work in the plant settings. I love the ones that float in ponds like the balls and the boats full of glass pieces. I have always wondered how the heck they get all that stuff from one exhibit to another without major breakage! Must have expert crews.
Thanks again for the wonderful pictures!
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.