Fruit Tree

Laurieton NSW, Australia

I have a newly planted peach tree leaves are small and go yellow and fall off, plant was potted up not bare rooted. any ideas ?

bundaberg, Australia

Dear Bigwig,
You say the peach was was "potted" up does that mean you are growing it in a pot?. I have Peach-Peachcott-Dwarf Peach all growing in the ground successfully. I tried a couple of fruit trees in pots but they just sat there dormant for a couple of years and when planted in ground improved out of sight. I am in sub-tropical climate here. where is your town/city in NSW>? My theory is you cannot add mulch manure etc to pots like the ground area. All the best (Bazza)

Laurieton NSW, Australia

Dear tulloch52 I meant that the tree when bought was potted up, not bare rooted, I planted the tree in the winter and blossom came okay put since the tree is very stunted in growth the leaves are very small and turning yellow and falling off I have a nectareen tree close by which is doing just great I live in the mind north coast area of NSW .Thanks

bundaberg, Australia

Dear Bigwig,
How long has the peach been in the ground? You say it has given blossom boy when that happens to any of my fruit trees i feel i am on the way to winning the grand final! It sure looks like it has progressed very well and the yellowing leaves is a minor set back. When that occurs it is usually saying "Feed Me". Meaning a "dose" of pick me up like "Trace Elements"(which i have never used) I use my own brew of liquid horse manure which i just shovel two big shovels of manure in a old black rubbish bin then fill with water and after a couple of days 1/4 bucket of the mix topped up with water. The vege's love it too. But either the liquid Thrive or Seasol should help rectify the yellowing leaves. All the best . Bazza.

Laurieton NSW, Australia

Dear tulloch52 , The peach tree was planted in August this year so it is the first year I have tried feeding with sea weed extract but will try as you suggest some thrive thanks for the reply bigwig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.