Any Ideas For Reuse of Large Sheets of Styrofoam?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Not sure if this is the correct forum in which to ask the question, but after having numerous pieces of furniture shipped to me, I now have a lifetime supply of styrofoam sheets and blocks. They look as though they should be useful for something. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to how I might reuse or recycle them?

Most are sheets, 3-4ft squares about 2" thick, clean and in "perfect" condition. There are also a number of blocks of various sizes, 4"x6"x10-30" or so and a few larger "trough" shapes roughly 1ftx10"x4ft. As they are taking up quite a bit of space, I will need to either find a use for them or throw them away soon. There is no styrofoam recycling in my area, and I hate to hoist so much styrofoam onto the environment - that and, as I said, I can't help thinking they must be useful for something, craft project, garden art, something.

Please help me brainstorm. All ideas greatly appreciated.

This thread has 67 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!