Starr is

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

having computer problems will be back. shes thinking of you all..

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

was missing her .
hope she gets back soon

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Tell her to hurry! We miss her.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

How frustrating, Starr, hope you get back here with us, SOON.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I wondered what had happened to her. I keep thinking I need to call her.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey y'all! I am finally getting back in the swing of things. My computer broke and instead of replacing dead parts yet again, I splurged and got a new tower. Actually it is a refurbished tower from hp, but it has a bit of a warranty and was a lot less in price so that helped out a lot.

No sooner did I get my new box, then my bil in Mississippi took a header off a ladder and ended up with a smashed right wrist, surgery required, and a shattered right ankle, more surgery. We have had to travel there a couple of times for surgeries, and moral support. He is 54 and doesn't bounce so good any more.

Whew... it is good to be home (DG) and I look forward to catching up on everyone. Please be patient as I try to catch up on all the threads I missed. I would not intentionally overlook anyone in writing or checking your posts.

If there is anything that I should know of please dmail me or post it here. We have friends on the prayer forum with health and other prayer requests and in general just dear friends all over DG that I want to keep up with and pray for and folks I care about. Help me out if you know of anything I missed. THANKS!

I am so grateful and blessed to have you friends!

God Bless all of you,

Starr

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Scooterbug, I had reservations about it, but was trusting it would be ok. I was able to get a better tower this way. It has 1 gig of ram!! That is such a major improvement for me. The processor is faster, too. I just hope there are enough fans in it and that the power supply is better than the one in my last box. The power supply failed, the fans failed, and the processor fried... how's that for a dead box? lol... I had to be away for a while, but I am so Blessed to back on now...

EvaMae, Huge hugs to you, dear lady! I should have called but my phone book with all my numbers went MIA.... (finally turned up UNDER some floral arrangement components in the guest room yesterday!!! I just have too much going on, and somedays feel like I live in a Hitchcock movie... or that the theme song from twilight zone plays in my sleep.... lol... It seems that the hurrier I go, the behinder I can... so if you see my rear end tell it to turn left at the next intersection... ;) ... Admittedly I have exagerated, but not by much... I am still laughing, though, and PTL for the many Blessings in my life.

Hugs all y'all, Starr

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, that is wierd... I posted my message after Leaflady and Scooterbug.. but it now shows ahead of them... I think the time zone changes and doing strange things... lol... No, I haven't lost my mind, I sold it on ebay long time ago.....

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I've missed you and want you to know you've been in my prayers and thoughts daily. It certainly is good to see you back. I pray your BIL is ok now. Remind him that we aren't make of rubber.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Hey , refurbs can be good. Just like a new one that the factory checked over a second time ;-)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Whoopee! She's baaaaaaaaacckk!!!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I think we may check into that. Reburs, I mean. Ours still works well, but it is several years old and we have trouble with the motherboard and harddrive not being large enough to handle the newer, larger programs. Like virus protection software. That is our biggest concern. Our tower will handle a larger of both, it is mostly the matter of saving back the finances sometime to buy them, then getting our son to install and set it all up.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

leaflady !.........................
Almost everyone I know runs Avast AV ( free to home users)
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

also most popular (around here) Firewall ..... free to home users
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp

free to home users Advanced Windows Care
( one-click approach to help protect, repair and optimize your computer keeps you running like new)
http://www.iobit.com/

Small utilities that do it all and at no cost ;-))
I would not go on line without these.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Scooterbug, I was looking for iobit and couldn't remember the name....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.