GO TIGERZ

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Are any of you watching the TIGERZ?
I still cant believe we beat the NY yankees! Im so pumped about this
I sure hope we cant take down Okland next and win the world series!!

go tigerz go tigerz

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

we watched- what a change from a few years ago!! Go big T...

Bridgman, MI(Zone 5a)

Martha,
I'm a long time Tigers fan from way back to 1968, when we won the WS against the St. Louis Cardinals. What a wonderful time! We had Mickey Lolich, Al Kaline, Denny McLain, Bill Freehan, Willie Horton, and the list goes on. I was 15 at the time and I got to see them play at Tiger stadium in Detroit. One of my fondest memories. I was so excited when we won, I cried. After years of dismal ratings I think the Tigers are back. Thank you Baseball gods!! Even if we don't go all the way, this is a great year for Tiger fans.

Anne

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I remember all those players,,,even went to Al Kaline day when he retired....You must have been at Tiger Stadium...makes me sad to go by there now....

Come on Tigers go all the way..!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Willie Horton is my favorite Tiger ever! I can name all the team players and their numbers from back then too!
I use to get in fist fights with my sister(reds fan)over the exibition games. I have been to Tiger stadium several times and been to commerica once, but that was to see bruce springstien! :)

Oh and Im a NOT-martha fan so please call me NOT or dori-just not-martha! ;)

tigers tonight all the way!!!!!!!
go tigerz

HI NOT....Lets see you name them....I can't but....I was a Willie fan too....
You remember the Bird?????I think your to young tho...I think we all had a crush on him..such a cutie and great pitcher...they just worked him to hard

I love those Bad BOYZ....GO PISTONS....

Now the Lions really make me mad...still a fan...but...!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Off the top of my head!

mark the bird fidrich-saw him pitch at tiger stadium
Mickey stanley CF-24
Willie Horton LF/DH 23
Norm Cash 1st #?
Al Kaline 1st #6
Gates Brown cant remember but his BD is the same as mine :)
Lou whitaker 2nd #?
john Knox 2nd #2
eddy brinkman ss #8
aurelio rodreguz 3rd #4
bill freehan catcher #11
denny mclain-----pitcher
Mickey lolich Pitcher # 10
Alan tranmel 2nd #?
Jim Northrup RF#?
lance parrish catcher #13
Kirt gibson LF-took willies place and number!

COACHES
bill martin
sparky anderson(from the reds)
ralph houk

others i liked!
mark veryser was a SS too #7 but was traded to cleveland indians
chet lemon
and more .............

luv my tigers!!

Bridgman, MI(Zone 5a)

You forgot Dick McCaulif (spelling?) and Don Wert, but you have a great memory. I remember our guys had a heck of a time keeping an eye on Lou Brock. He kept stealing bases. And Gibson was their pitcher.

Lol I remember them too...thats memory lane for sure...

Go TIGERS strut your stuff and show them how to play ball..!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

go tigerz-they are up 5-0 i hope they can hold them off tonight!!!

LOL I know...gotta luv it.....hey wheres my Margaritas???

Bridgman, MI(Zone 5a)

Go Tigers.....Get er done!!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

1 down 7 to go to win the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

What a great game it was! i had a margarita-we were out of pop so what could i do!!!
Paul I sure hope your right and we do win the world series.

Jim leylan has really turned this club around! I wish i would have been at that last yankee game
it was awesome and the way they shared it with the fanz-awesome!!!
GO TIGERZ!

im trying to get a sports forum started at daves but i think im alone sports nut!
if your interested please post there!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/659050/

7---4....go Tigers..!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

8-5 and we won-they gave me a scare in the bottom of the ninth with 2 out-but they pulled it off!!!!
GO tigerz!

my heart and prayers to the yankee players family- that died yesterday :(
and his instructors family

Made me a little nervous....but our boys did their thing..!!!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Time Change......they're going to start Fridays game at 4:30 in instead of 8.
It may be a little warmer.

Paul

This message was edited Oct 13, 2006 9:34 AM

I sure was getting nervous...but our Tigers made us proud.....GO TIGERS..!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I was on my knees! fingers crossed,fourleaf clover in hand, legs crossed-praying and then my man magglio popped that ball out of the park! Did you see palanco(sp)skipping around second and third after he seen the ball leave the park-it was wonderful and well overdue!!!

Looked like that ball had wings...flying nicely outta the park...I knew when he hit it...it was a goner..!!

Had to have another Margarita to celebrate...did you??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes i had another one to celebrate! Im so darn excited about them winning the championship-cant wait till next saturdays game!!! GO TIGERZ!!!

22yrs we have waited!!!!

im almost in tears just thinking about it!!!!!

I know what you mean...I was jumping for joy....One of my neighbors did fireworks...lol...what fun this is..!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Cant wait I think this is our yr!!!
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=det

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

go my little team in the fair city Detroit. I miss old tiger stadium. I often sat behind the green posts that held up the stadium.

drat- we have a wedding/reception tonight during the game. I bet someone will sneak a tv into the reception area!! If all else fails, there is a bar in the lower level of the reception place - we'll head down there!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

omg here we go................ I have my shirt washed and good luck charms ready,oh and my Detroit tigz hat!!
today is my grandsons 1st bd and the party is here today,after that it will be tiger time!! Truthfully I hope it only goes 4games and we win!!! Dont care if we win on the road-just want to win!

Sue they will be on the radio too! :)

GO TIGERS..........PARTY TIME HERE IN DETROIT..!!

think anyone would notice if I stuck my radio earpiece in my ear during the wedding and reception??

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I moved back to Michigan in 84 and enjoyed that (late night) game watching. Now I'm out here in Montana so it will be early for us when the game gets over. Oh Boy! My first Tiger run was when I was in elementary school and we set up 2 TV's in the Auditorium to have the whole school pile in to watch the wins. Just think school shutting down to play baseball. We must have had a great Principal with the foresight to getting kids to enjoy Americas Game.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Tigers in 5

Paul

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I hope it goes to all 7. It is more dramatic if you don't know till the end of the ninth or 12th to see who wins. I like drama. Go Tigers.

boooo hoooo lost the first one....

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

as long as we win the most!!!

I was really disapointed with the fans,pay all that $ for a ticket and just sit there -i would have been on my feet ever since i got to detroit. I luv when you can feel the energy the crowd has-all i felt was ..........nuttin!
I use to go to the high school games here and yell at our home crowd-to get up and CHEER, maybe the tigerz need me to be their cheerleader-lol

we have to win tonight so keep the energy in the air!
my son got my dh and i tiger wrist band thingyz :)

I hope they get a good night sleep and PLAY BALL..!!!!

Dori they NEED you there to show them how to cheer and make them TIGERS ROAR............

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Well its cold and rainy/snowy here-how is it in detroit?
Are we ready-im already getting excited!

guess who is the singer before the game???
only my #1 favorite man from indiana

Thumbnail by notmartha
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Nothing to worry about the long wait for Cards to get here is showing in the first game. It is why I want it to go 7 games. Tigers are rested and the Cards are exhausted. They are running on adrenaline and it showed in the first game. Wait till the 4, 5 game and see how much energy they have. Go Tigers! What time does the game start?

Rod Stewart or Bob Seiger is the singer,right???I always get them confused....

TIGERS PLAY...at 8:00....

This message was edited Oct 22, 2006 8:12 PM

I don't know either- I keep changing the channel- just waiting!! I'm all set to go!!

8:00....GO TIGERS...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.