Thumbnail by farmerpickle
Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Dinner plate waterlily type White - also about 8 inches in size

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Waterlily unamed - medium size

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Those really look beautiful together in that pitcher with (I think) Floss Flower? This is my first time with dahlias and I've been really happy with them.
Beautiful colors, thanks for sharing!

~Sunny

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Your dahlias are spectacular!!!!!........especially the Myrtles Folly. This is the first year for me also and they were a gift from a friend. I've had to do little after planting them except to stake, keep them tied to the stake and deadhead. Do either of you do the pinching of smaller blooms in order to get the huge ones?? I have not been doing that.

Thumbnail by bugme
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have so much enjoyed the ones you gave me - even inspired me to plant some pink ones!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

I don't pinch any blooms at all on mine - never knew that would make them bigger. Mine have been just fine the way they are, nice size (about 3" across). One of mine got run over by my dog I think, and is looking a little puny. But I'm hoping to just cut it back to the ground and mulch and maybe it will be back next year.

~Sunny

We grow the "unnamed" waterlily dahlia at church. It came labled as "Waterlily" so I just presumed that was it's name?? They are so beautiful and I love those bi-colored flowers. They blend so easily with other flowers of similar colors in bouquets.
Wenny, you gave me yellow dahlias several years ago, they are still going great guns and are gorgeous!!

GGG

Thomson, GA

Farmerpickle, your dahlias are gorgeous!! My DH is totally in love with dahlias. He has really encouraged me with all my flower craziness since we moved to this new yard last July, and he enjoys cut flowers in the house as much as I do. I started with lilies, since they are so easy, but when my enormous dahlias started blooming, he was amazed that I, the novice gardener, could grow something so beautiful! So I have promised him I would plant lots more of them for next season. I already planted a lily bed just for cutting, and I may have to do the same for dahlias! Guess I really need to be grateful that he is supportive, huh?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.