Antique Malls and You

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

For the umpteenth time in my life, I have rented a space in an antique mall here in a small western NC town. Through the years I've done antique shows, monthly super flea markets and antique malls. The antique mall is the slowest return but also the least amount of work & travel. My specialty is vintage jewelry Victorian through the 50's with a mix of anything else interesting, especially old pictures and linens. Questions: What you do buy or look for when and if you go into an antique mall? What makes you stop at one space to look but pass by another space? Do you prefer neat displays? Ecletic? Junk piles? And how prone are you to ask the sales attendant to show you something that is locked in a showcase?

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!