My tea olives just started blooming

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Anyone else? Walked out my front and bam whole front yard smelled like them. To bad that they don't bloom for months at a time.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Mine are blooming also.......there are four spaced throughout my various beds and one right below the back deck. They started about two weeks ago. What an intoxicating scent for such a tiny flower.......

Thumbnail by bugme
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, I noticed them too last week. Wonderful! I thought they also bloomed in the Spring - but could be wrong.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

They like to bloom when the weather cools down, mine bloom fall through spring depending. A heavy bloom of Tea olive is a sure sign of a cold snap down here.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to plant more of them in my yard! That scent makes me so happy......

plantnutga

Cumming, GA

I love these!! Of course they don't grow up north where I'm from, so I was so psyched to be able to grow them here. I was out in the garden on Saturday and I was so amazed at the fragrance from my one little plant that I went out and bought a second that day to plant closer to my patio. I also got a few blooms in the spring, but I didn't notice the fragrance as much then....

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

mine bloom all winter...i have at least one at each door. I have one on each side of my front door in pots, I have one at each gate entrance, and even one going out the screen door, as well as right outside the garage. They are so non-descript really...doent seem that many, but when blooming...oooooo that auroma therapy. Closest thing I smell to orange bloosoms, and its to cold here for them.

I have one I planted last spring but haven't had any blooms yet. Do y'all do anything special to yours? I just love the way they smell and am so disappointed that mine hasn't bloomed yet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.