WIN THIS CANNA!

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

I'll send 50 seeds from his canna to the first person who can correctly name it.

It's a beautiful plant - can grow to 12 feet. It has dark green leaves, trimmed with burgundy.

It has a fairly dark red flower, with red seed pods. The seeds are hard, like black BBs.

I have more pictures. Ask if you'd like to see them.

I thought maybe Wintzers, but I'm not sure.

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

c. indica Purpurea ?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

am preaty sure i know what it is butll not say. let some others win the seeds if know one guess it ill tell you then

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

Boy, that sure leaves the newbees out.LOL

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

im pretty sure this is too hard for me.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

by the way its not Wintzers the flowers are wrong in wintzers it has Speices Flower and the leaves are Darker to Paul

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

John And Mr E use this site check the pics with the one that Skaz is showing http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ regards Paul

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

i did. i didnt spend a long time, i just thought it looked a lot like this: http://www.karcheskycanna.com/images/c-indicapurpurea-p.jpg and i sorta wanted to be the first one.

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

is it Mystique? i dont know if that gets 12 feet tall though

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

ok i give up, i suck.

I spent quite a bit of time on Karchesky Canna, and couldn't find it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not there...

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Scarlet`s Rib?

It looks like the Scarlet's Rib pictures, but PlantFiles says Scarlet's Rib grows 4-6 feet. Mine are at least 10 feet tall.

Steve

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Ok heres what am preaty sure it is Burgundy Blush Regards Paul

Paul,

Maybe. Here's the picture of Burgundy Blush from Karchesky. Broad leaves, with no distinguishing color, other than dark green.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2006 3:35 PM

Thumbnail by skaz421

Now here's a picture of my canna. Notice the purple outline on each leaf, with dark veins running through each leaf. It looks different than the Burgundy Blush.

I couldn't find another picture of Burgundy Blush anywhere.

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421

How about Anchiras?

Tuckerton, NJ

im a newbie i dont no it but its nice of you to do this bonnie and nicole

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i have Anchiras the flowers are orange and to small

red stripe?

c.Indica Purpurea?

I want the dad gum seeds so I`ll keep trying. :)

Gardener,

I'll send you seeds - I have plenty. I've been trying all summer to get a name for this plant, with no luck.

Steve

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Steve ask Alice Harris

I asked Alice. No luck there, either.

You know I looked around a bit and I think it looks a lot like

Russian Red.

Pictures of plants can be tough because they can look different in different lighting and times of the day.

I bet Alice could help you out!

This message was edited Oct 7, 2006 6:09 PM

Where did you get the plants? Only curious.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Its Sky Hawk

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

heres mine

Thumbnail by phicks

Whatever they are they are very pretty. Check this and see what you htink. The leaves are going to look different in different pictures depending on the lighting.

http://davesgarden.com/journal/j/viewentry/21653/

This message was edited Oct 7, 2006 6:37 PM

Here is one more link. I do like the pictures on this one. check it out.

http://www.bambooworld.com/giant%20canna.htm

I was just kidding about the seeds. I want the true winner to get them. I`m just looking around a bit.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2006 7:01 PM

It's possible that my canna is there - just not enough detail in the pictures for me to to tell. I'll try to find more pictures for those cultivars.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Look at this pic i am pretty sure this is the one, also remember you are in Florida and things grow bigger here i have cannas that are supposed to be dwarfs and they grew to 6 feet paul

http://www.karcheskycanna.com/intrigue.htm

The flowers on Intrigue are peach - mine are red.

I think that out of all the pictures I've seen, Russian Red matches the closest.

The canna was given to me by a woman who has grown them for years. She doesn't know their name - I don't think she cares what they are.

Maybe it's not so important that they have a name.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. I have plenty of seeds - if you want to give me an address, I'd be glad to send you some.

They really are impressive plants. They grow very full, and very tall. Their colors are striking. I think this plant would be a great addition to any garden.

Steve

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Mr Eli ~ you are killing me "ok i give up, i suck." Trust me, I am laughing with you, not at you. I have looked for quite a while attempting to identify this one and no luck.

Steve ~ it does resemble the Russian Red, maybe you should give them a name that YOU like and call it good? I am one of those type of gardeners................I garden strictly by looks, exact names give me a headache! LOL

Belinda :-)

Belinda,

I only wanted a name for trading purposes - otherwise, I don't care what it's called.

Steve

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Steve,
I understand completely and it looks like you gave it a 100% effort. I am sure that your tradees will understand. Best of luck with them!
Belinda :-)

Belinda,

Would you like some seeds?

Steve

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Steve,
I have this one also and just call it "pretty" LOL

Kingsport, TN

it`s a russian red canna. i got 4 half dead stalks from my neighbor who said she couldnt get them to grow. i now have over 30 plants that took-over my entire flower garden area. i`m in zone 6b and they seem to grow quite-well here,in north-eastern tennessee. i`ll send a picture for reference. in the picture,you`ll see me standing on my front porch next to the latest bloom. i am 6 feet tall,and the cannas are planted in the flower bed,wich is 2 feet below the porch. i planted them in the flower bed in may,of this year 2006.

Thumbnail by c187620

I think you're right. They look identical to mine.

Steve

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

these of mine are over 8 ft, and I know the name for them

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.