Not really what the pastor meant.. :-)

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Ok, I've come across a few adds and announcements posted in our local parish.

Here's what happens when you give creative wrinting a try without being fully prepared LOL!

#1 - " For those of you who have children and don't know this, the parish has facilities designed especially for them.."

#2 - "Remember in your prayers all of those who are weary and suspicious of our parish.."

#3 - " Please enclose your donations in an envelope along with the decesead ones that you wish to have remembered..."

#4 - "The parish shall light his candle with the one in the altar. The deacon will then light his own in the parishes, then turn and light everyone's in the first row.."

#5 - "The fee for attending the Prayer and Fastening meetings includes the meals.."

#6 - "The selfconfidence regain group meets on Thursdays, at 7 PM. Please use the back door" (this is my personal fave...LOL!"

#7 - "Dear ladies, don't forget the charity sale! It's a wonderful way of getting rid of useless things that clutter your homes! Bring your husbands along!.."

#8 - "There will be a Mommies Group meeting at 5 PM on Thursday. If you wish to become a Mommy, please address the parish during office hours..."

#9 "Today's Scriture Study subject is : “Jesus walking upon the waters”. Tomorrow's subject shall be : “Looking for Jesus”..."

:-)

I would like to state that I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, these are candid texts that I thought would make you smile if I didn't totally ruin them with my translation...

Love

Fernanda

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!