There are days I wonder about my sanity, and other stuff.

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

Like today.

Sophie does not have school on Fridays so she spends the whole day in the barn with me. My mother's helper went back to high school last month and I haven't replaced her yet.

We've got 12 getting on a truck at 5 am tomorrow morning for a show. It is supposed to pour all day. It's an outside show.

And it is pouring freaking rain. Not just, "Oh hey, the roads are dusty so here's a little sprinkle, Love, Mother Nature." No. This is "Holy crow, are you on fire? Let me send you some torrential downpours so that if you don't die in the fire, you'll drown. By the way, I hate you, Mother Nature."

I'm so over on stalls at home that poor Kipper actually SLEPT IN THE AISLE last night. I just walked in and tripped over him in the dark. Landed right on his feet. He never moved. What a good Porkchop. As I was recovering the phone rang and it was the shipping company telling me the three on their way up from Florida should be at my house tomorrow at 11 am. Uh. Great. I didn't KNOW we were getting 3 more and I'm gonna be in Pennsylvania at a horse show. *insert sound effect of my head banging on the wall next to the phone* And where are they gonna SLEEP? Huh? Oy vey. (That's a very useful expression I adopted from a friend of mine, I'm trying it out instead of something that rhymes with "Duck me".)

By the way, Sophie has decided Kipper's show name should be "Baby Beluga" instead of Kipper, which cracks me up.

You know how vain I am when I can't be bothered to put my contacts in unless it's raining...and that's just so I don't have to keep drying off my glasses on wet clothes.

Seriously, do horse people have to be insane, just be definition?

Enclosed, just cause I like it and it cheers me up, a thumbnail of a picture I'd like to own.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2006 8:34 AM

Thumbnail by luna_baby
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!