Insect wars

Brooklyn, NY

Hi everyone, I live in an apartment in NYC so its fairly common, but does not make it any more acceptable. Ever since my neighbors moved in I've been in an epic battle with pretty much any insect you can think of.. Ive tried bombs, baits and recently I changed my tactics by adding boric acid to the mix. I dusted my kitchen and other areas of common sightings (the bathroom mostly) and the roach population has been virtually wiped out but I am still having problems with another insect, the lack of roaches seems to tipped the scales causing the population of other insects to increase drastically.

I cant exactly identify what the most common species is but they appear to be some type of beatle (There are some ants aswell, but they are far less common than the beatles). They are about half the size of a common roach but round, darker and a bit wider. They have also become a bit bigger in the absence of the roaches, I imagine it is because there is more food for them with less compitition. So I'd like a few tips to augment my otherwise successful elimination of the roaches.

As this is effecting a high traffic area, one that involves food and I have house pets, I'd like to avoid toxic pestacides and if possible inexpensive.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!