hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

are any of you taking your plants in by this week end or are you waiting? do you think it will hurt the tropicals if it stays in the 40's for more then 2 nights? plmk what you all are doing this time of year and thxs
moretz

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I brought all this week end except my Mandevilla vines. and Burgs. Hope it stay warm till the 17th.

Lavina

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Moretz the 40's is ok for just about anything. The heating system for my greenhouse kicks on at 38 degrees and I have brugs, gingers, banana and other tropicals I overwinter in there. I've never lost one or had any damage at all unless a leaf was in contact with the panels of the greenhouse. I've even been in there late at night with a layer of ice on the ceiling of the gh and experienced no damage. Just make sure everything is well hydrated.

X

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok great to hear i can leave them outside longer lol,i didnt want to bring them in now because some of them are just now starting to bloom and i dont want to dig them up when they are blooming lol thxs X
moretz

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been bringing my cacti and succulents and tropicals inside the past two days. I will get the rest in tomorrow. But I have to keep my greenhouse at at least 65 because I have a lot of african violets. I have been running my heater the past few nights. It is on now. We bought a blue flame natural gas heater for the gh and it seems to be doing a good job. I have no idea what it will do when it is freezing outside. I hope it will keep them all okay because I do not really have the room inside for all of my african violets. I have all my mini ones inside but I have way too many of the standards plus all of the other gesneriads to keep them inside.

Jesse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.