I am getting ready to cut some bushes...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I will getting the rose cuttings done later in the week, hopefully by Tursday, so I hope to hear from some of you that everything got there in GREAT shape...I am having to wait for help in cutting the rose, since it is a climber and it has to be placed back on the trellis, it is a two man job at best! thanks again...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, did anyone get theirs today? I hope to hear from someone soon so I can get the rest of them in the mail...please let me know if you received them and what condition they are in...thanks!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, I gotmine today and they were in great shape. I picked them up at the PO at lunchand ran them home and put them in water till I can get them in the bubbler. Or do I root these in soil?

Carol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

YIPPEE!! I am so excited...more packing in the morning then. I have never rooted the gardenia, I have seen on another thread that they will root in water, but I have not done that...the weigela and forsythia will root very easily in soil, I think I posted a couple of links above...I normally just stick them where I want them to grow and leave them and most often they root on their own, so I am relatively sure whatever way you try will be pretty successful...I am just so glad they all made the trip and were in good shape...so everyone else can be expecting theirs very soon...I will mail out all of the ones with the exception of the rose clippings tomorrow, it may be Monday before I send the roses, just depends on how my MS is tomorrow...thanks so much for being patient everyone...just send me postage after you get your packages unless we have a trade worked out..thanks again.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet,

So I will root the forsythia and wiegelia in potting soil in a pot? I am afraid to stick them in the ground outside this late in the year. They would be so small i am afraid they wouldn't make it. What do you think?

Carol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Sounds fine....I am sure you could use rooting hormone if you want etc...and if for any reason they do not root..let me know and in the spring I will send more cuttings...okay.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://www.aboutforsythia.com/rooting_forsythia.shtml
here is a good link for forsythia...hope it helps..

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the link! I read it and I will use root hormone and pot it up. I will let you know how it does.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You are welcomed and good luck!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, I will send your postage in the morning. Thank you for everything!

Carol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Carol, you are very welcomed, keep me posted on the progress.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I will!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

EVERYONE that has not been mailed is going out right now....on my way to the post office...WHAT A JOB! Wow, I had no idea...I hope you are all happy with the way I did this and the cuttings. If you have any complaints, please let me know...ie..wanted more of something, or I didn't cut them correctly. I tried really hard to get them done right and hope they do well for all of you! Please let me know when you receive them...
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Did anyone get their cuttings today? Please let me know..thanks!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

Got my cuttings last night. Thanks!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Great, were they in good shape I hope!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Please keep posted as you receive your cuttings and please remember to send me the postage in a timely manner as well...thanks so much! Hope everyone's looks good and roots well!
JanetS

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Janet, I got them today! They look great. I'm going to have to figure out the best way to root them all. I'll send the postage out with the seeds tomarrow. Thanks again. Andrea

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Got the forsithia. I hope they will do good.

Viv

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Janet, I sent out the postage in today's mail. My kids took over yesterday and I couldn't get it out then. Thanks again. Andrea

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I will check on the DC numbers later today to see why more of them have not been delivered...or maybe you are busy and haven't let me know...either way I will check back later today. I am think they should all be where they were going now...so let me know please and get your postage back to me as soon as you can...thanks again.
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

yardqueen I received your check for postage today...thanks so much!
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay everyone I have delivery confirmations for on or before for everyone: October 16th...so everyone should have theirs now. The only ones I have heard from are Yardqueen - Paid
Mygypsyrose- mailed check
Greenjay - plants arrived
Vizz8 - plants arrived
So did everyone else receive healthy plants?

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Janet
I am so sorry to get back to you so late
I received your cuttings yesterday, but I had to go to the hospital and take my grandkids to see their Mom. My daughter had a 8lb 4 oz baby girl. She is so beautiful. I also have had my grandchildren.
I am so tired. HaHa
I will send your money tomorrow. Thank you very much.Pauletta

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

OH WOW! What wonderful news! A new baby, there is NOTHING like a baby to brighten everyone's day! Congratulations! I know you are tired...but a good tired right. That is great news, give Mama and Baby a hug, and get all that sweet sugar! They are only tiny for such a short time! YOu are welcomed and I hope the plants do well for you, will let you know when I receive your check..thanks again!
Janet

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Janet sent money out yesterday.. should be getting it soon...

Viv

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Viv!

Cincinnati, OH

Received my cuttings in excellent shape. I will send money out ASAP.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

Cuttings are fine, money has been sent.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Received postage from:
Vizz8
Yardqueen
dmac085
greenjay
lilyhostaky
Sundaigle - trade received
Kayaker
Plantnutga
mygypsyrose

Will edit as I receive postage..thanks so much!

This message was edited Oct 23, 2006 2:09 PM

This message was edited Oct 24, 2006 1:32 PM

This message was edited Oct 25, 2006 1:33 PM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Janet, thank you again for the magnolia you sent me with our trade. I wonder if I should let it go dormant in the house?
:) Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You are so welcomed! I know it is hardy to zone 4, so I don't know...it has been in the ground rooting for at least two years, maybe three, so you may want to plant it and just mulch it really well...I tend to do better when I plant things out than when I try to overwinter them...but that is just mho...lol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Haven't heard from Anaid, Raingazer or Pehanlon...?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

For those of you who have the weigela cuttings, if you don't have success rooting them I may have several rooted pieces in the spring...the rootball where I took a couple out is shooting up shoots now, I thought I would just leave them till spring, just in case some of you would like them then...so keep this in mind.
JanetS

San Antonio, TX

I didnt get any of your cuttings. By the time I noticed it had already been cut off but I stilll posted a "remember me in the future" notice. Wish I had but didnt get any......... :)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I did send you Rose, Weigelia, and Gardenia...I will dmail you with the address I mailed to...perhaps it went to the wrong address..it was delivered:Your item was delivered at 11:55 am on October 16, 2006 in SAN ANTONIO, TX 78237.
JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.