Octobers daily weather, brisk, and sunny

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Here we meet the change and beautiful color show in so much of our world.
Please stop by often and post your pictures and what's happening in your neighborhood.
Where I am today is central Pa.
63 °F / 17 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h from the West
Aren't these pretty "Burning Bushes"?
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

SUGAR!!!!!!!! (((hugs))) Just now floating to the surface and wondering where you were!!! October at last......feeling the Fall in the air early in the morning...and don't let anyone tell you that Fall in Florida isn't wonderful!

Catching up on DG, sitting erect like a big girl,(short periods), and rejoicing in the change of seasons...life is good!

Come home, we miss you
Pati

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

69.3°(F), 92%, sunny & nice.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Glad to see you back and in the pink Pati! Ü Very striking bush Sidney!!

Yesterday we were at 77 °F / 25 °C (a wonderful day to dig 90 hills of potatoes :) The heat stayed well into the evening and we cherised every minute of it.

Today it is feeling a little more like fall:

Temperature: 64.0 °F / 17.8 °C
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C

I love this cranberry bush......the mosaic of colours in it always takes my breath away.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 11:29 AM

Thumbnail by Lilypon
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Totally awesome burning bush! (My parents had one but it never was as bright as that.)

Something different here. It is cloudy. There's even a 30% chance of rain, but I know it isn't going to rain. It isn't cold enough.

Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on October 01, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
74 °F / 23 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1015 hPa
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft / 4267 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)

Here's the status of the Virginia creeper.
Edited to add: In real life and in the original photo, it looks brighter than it appears when posted here.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 12:32 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Red for excitement Sugar, beautiful!

Pati, so glad you're back. What an ordeal!

I love the different shade of the cranberry bush!

The creepers add more red to the fall colors!

85* and beautiful! Too bad we have no see-ums.

My Dad just pulled up. Bye!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! Everybody! It's actually made it up to 57* here today. The sun is out on this gorious day! :-))

I need to get my film developed, so this is the only flower I have to offer.
It's nothing like your lovely pics.
Sidney, I have never seen a burning bush so Brilliant!

Thumbnail by music2keep
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It's beautiful Music. Like fire!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Great marigold!

Meanwhile, I was wrong, and if it turns out to be a measurable amount of rain, it will be the first since May.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's 84 out there rt now
High was 89
Low was 50

Mostly clouds with scattered sunshine.
another perfect gardening day
Here's a pic from last wks trip
to the mtns just south of here.
I tried to shrink it to fit here.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Kelli, I forgot to say, your rain is headed here tomorrow or the next day. love the damp look and the drizzles.
Music, you caught the light glow just right.
Sugar, love the burning bush. Nice to have as our header photo, too.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All! The poochie had to go out at 4:30 this mornin'....must have been something he ate yesterday, cuz his tummy rumbled all night long. I foresee another nap between classes...

It's 50* and foggy and supposed to get into the high 70's - low 80's. I may have to find a tree to park under for that nap.;-)

Kelli, love the soaking rain! The sound must have glorious. And you haven't had any soaking rain since May?

Blooms, that's a great shot. :-)) The colors!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Wow, I can just smell that Marigold and the rain.
I also love yours' Blooms.
Pam is that how Cranberries grow? Beautiful.
Pati I am so pleased you can take little spells with us.
It was nice tonight and I have a great work assignment right now. Looking forwardd to working up here for several months possibly.
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Elevation: 344 ft / 105 m
52 °F / 11 °C ..............High today 72° F
Clear
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: Calm
Sidney

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow - all the pictures are great! Kelli - congratulations on the rain! I've been worried about those fires, hope all is okay. I've never seen such a vivid burning bush! It's foggy this morning and 66°F. Our high today is 85°F.
Humidity: 90%
Wind Speed: W 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.11 in.
Dewpoint: 63°F
Heat Index: 64°F
Wind Chill: 66°F
Here's a powder puff shot!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We've just got touches of color at the moment...nothing like the awsome displays that everyone is posting...I'll wait a week or two. We haven't had frost yet, and won't for a few more weeks....that will cause our big change.

I may walk over to behind the school today and check on the monster posion ivy that is growing up one of the big oak trees...it always has such a lovely color early. The dog will enjoy 'visiting' with the cattle who live in the pasture next to it too.

Today's high is supposed to be 84 (F) and a humidity of 56% , winds calm to 3mph from the SW. No chance of rain, but that's ok, we've had plenty for awhile.

Got a photography exhibit opening in the brand new gallery in our town....I'm one of the 3 artists invited to display work for the first show. Gotta run up there this afternoon and put some final touches on things. This is very exciting because our little town has a population of about 3500 if you count all the cats and dogs....a gallery is a 'big thing'....we actually got a real coffeehouse last year,(locally owned, not a franchise) so progress is coming slowly, but it's coming.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Love the mountain walk! What a sky!

Love the powder puff!

70* and it clouded up since 4:45am. I went back to bed. I've been carrying a headache for 3 days. I think I have a touch of the crud.

(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon everyone!
Melody - congrats on your exhibit!
Sugar - what a great photo! Never seen a burning bush - gorgeous colors!
Great photos as well, joey, blooms and kelli. Kelli glad you finally got some rain!
Pati nice to meet you and glad to see you're recovering!
Billyporter - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you'll have a speedy recovery :-)

Lovely day here - more of the same really. Overcast, calm wind, 50F

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

78.6°(F), 46% sunny, calm.

(Zone 3b)

Hello everyone and glad to see you posting again pattischell; the fall photos are wonderful and bright.
It's an overcast 42 degrees at 1:58 pm and that's as warm as it's going to get. The days of reaching into the 50's are probably gone till next April. The air is quite still and cool, the next big wind will bring down the rest of the leaves. There is a loss of 5min-46seconds with 11hours/17mins daylight.
I've been down in the lower 48, Portland, Oregon, to be exact. We flew down last Thursday for a reunion and enjoyed the sunny, warm weather complete with flowers blooming...quite a change from here. But it's good to be home...
kiska
alaska

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

What a treat to see everyone's wonderful fall pics here!

Sidney the berries of the cranberry bush I pictured above makes wonderful jellies and preserves (and is loved by birds). However the American Cranberry Bush (Viburnum sp.) is a high-bush type getting up to ten feet tall, but not related to the low-growing bog-form Cranberries (Vaccinium sp.) that you get during the holidays. The American Cranberry Bushes are hardier and most adaptable to most growing conditions, and still produce a tart semi-edible berry.

Cooler today and I'm starting to wonder if our Indian summer will return.......
54 °F / 12 °C
Light Showers Rain
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 30 °F / -1 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h from the North
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1022 hPa

This message was edited Oct 2, 2006 4:51 PM

(Zone 5a)

Lilipon which Viburnum is it? Viburnum edule?? I have Viburnum ovatum that is just starting to turn. I've been wondering weather I should get the V. edule as well as I've read that it has really nice fall colors ......

Sunrise today was at 7:40 am and sunset at 6:54 pm so the days are really getting shorter fast now - won't be long till we have to get up before dawn :-(

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Just catching up.

It is great to have Pattishell back!

Sugar don't those burning bushes get nice up here?

And Blooms, your Oct 1 photo is a work of art. Exceptionally so.

Have all the morning glory vines torn up and scrapped. Cleared two garden beds down to the dirt. LOL Temps in the mid 70's today - absolutely beautiful. Supposed to go to the eighties tomorrow. Lots of rain in the past week, so all is well.

No frost, so no tree pics. Noticed that the neighbors dogwood tree, full of red berries was attacked by about 150 starlings today. Glad my truck in under a roof. LOL

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

62.2° (F) & falling fast, 72% & rising. Dark, to be followed by widely intermittant light in the morning (I hope).

That is to say - the sun has risen each morning so far, tomarrow should not be an exception.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Dyson, that was worth a smile.
se_eds, thanks. I just laid on my belly in the dirt to get where the flowers were.
Lilypon, my DD that lives just up the road has one of those Am. Cran.s and it turned lovely color this year. Seems quite happy living in the pot she has it in.

We were clear up to 89*
after a low of 61*
It's 73* out right now at 9:00
we're still getting warm southerly winds in front of a cold front due in here tonite.
Clouds we had. no rain yet.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

That would be a wonderful way to grow it Blooms (but it would never make without it's pot being sunk here ;).

LOLOL Dyson I'd swear (by your post) you were living way, way up North (gunna be almost that dark here soon enough) :b For sure Rannvieg and Kiska will be climbing under their grow lights in the very near future (I spent a winter up in Inuvik and remember the 1 minute between sunrise to sunset very well).

Rannveig when I phoned our city Hort dept they said it was a trilobum so that is what I entered it under in the PlantFiles:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/76919/index.html

This message was edited Oct 2, 2006 10:25 PM

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Lilypon, thanks for the info it looks very similar to my V. ovatum. Very nice fall colors!

The weather today is very similar to yesterday, a bit more breezy, overcast and 50°F at 9:30 this morning. Sunrise was at 7:42 am and sunset will be at 6:51 pm, so about 5 min. less daylight than yesterday. About the same as you kiska!? Do you know what latitude you're are? Hafnarfjörður is somewhere between 63 and 64°N I think.

My Salix viminalis has turned a pretty yellow color:

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

A very brisk 53.4°(F) & 85%, still dark. I really hate this long drive in the dark.

Good Morning! The Fall pics are so pretty. I have a bloom coming up on my elephant ears, my geraniums are blooming, and my paper whites are coming out of the ground! They know when it's really Fall!
It's 65°F now and a little foggy. Our high today is 85°F.
Temp: 65°F
Humidity: 90%
Wind Speed: N 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.15 in.
Dewpoint: 62°F
Heat Index: 64°F
Sunrise: 7:20 AM EDT
Sunset: 7:09 PM EDT
Have a great day everyone!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hellooo! & Good Morning. :-)) It's a nice 54*. I haven't been outside, tho. So I don't know much else except, the night critters are singing their songs. :0) The weather forcast calls for the highs to be in the low 80's.

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Joey - that is a lovely flower - what is it?
Sharon - sounds like it's still summer down there in the deep south ;-) lol

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi, Rannveig. It's a Cleome. I think (so don't quote me) there is more than one kind, but I haven't got a clue as to which one. It really puts on a show all summer, & are just now fading. It also does some hefty self-sowing, too. Not to mention they are very photogenic.

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Yes - very photogenic! :-)

(Zone 3b)

At 7:47am it's a dark 45 rainy degrees with gusts up to 50mph forcast for later on.
Sunrise today at 8:08am and sets at 7:20pm with 5min 47 sec loss..
Rannveig: Palmer is located at Lat 61.60, so we're lower than you.
Mind if I add another pic of Highbush Cranberries? They are nearly gone by now but did find a couple of bushes near the driveway. They grow wild in many areas of Alaska, but are not very tasty unless added to another berry. The low-bush cranberries are harder to find in my area, but do make a really good sauce.
I always look forward to everyone's pictures, updates and reading firsthand of your local areas. Thanks.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Kiska, that cranberry has the color of our scrub oak up in the mountains. The rain/snow up there had dimmed all the color. And when it's dark I don't get up. LOL - I'm a sunlight addict, it's why I live here.

We have a native cleome here that is also prolific. Ours is yellow. altho in a few nearby areas I have seen the purple - they are such an easy lovely plant. When I cut the dead plants this time of year I bang the seed pods against the ground around and the ones that come up where I water get big and the ones in the desert conditions - oh well.

Now for the big news. We had a long steady drizzle for hours this morning. .71 inches. Perfect.
Where it landed on desert it had time to sink in. Where it landed on slickrock it ran off. I was too comfortable in my nest reading my book to go see.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I forgot the stats
Low 55 now 66 and I don't know the predicted High
I've got to resize the rose hip pic I was gonna send
Here's the moon over the mountains.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
(Zone 5a)

Wow, Blooms - what a view! Glad to hear you finally got some moisture for your garden! I often feel like hibernating in winter when it gets dark all the time - I don't like getting up in the dark either ;-)

It's raining now and getting a bit windy, still around 50F now at 8:25 pm.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

80.2°(F), 50%, sunny, a nice day.

Joey, beautiful flower and I second the "Wow - what a view"!!
My DH and I just returned from a bike ride thru the Greenway. I'll post a couple of shots (wish we could post more than one at a time!). We didn't se a whole lot of critters, but the area is so pretty it doesn't matter. We did see a couple of otters, but they slipped out of view before we could get some pics.
It's 82 now.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Here's another shot...

Thumbnail by MySharona

And one more then I'll save some for tomorrow!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.