Creative flash..or second childhood!!

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

The stuff of childhood still entertains me. It was a bloodless time--but there was a lot of Crash and Bang!
If any of the plants are labeled wrong, please tell me.

Tiger contains gasteria "Green Ice" and Haworthia venosa tessellata.

Thumbnail by Flicker
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Bugs contains Haworthia umbomboensis.

Taz contains Hatiora saliconioides.

Yosemity contains Dyckia brevifolia.

Thumbnail by Flicker
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Daffy contains Haworthia limifolia.

Wiley contains aloe saponaria.

Sylvester contains Agave parasana.

Thumbnail by Flicker
Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

As sick as this is, I LIKE IT!
I see many of these cups at the fleas for a buck or so. Do you make a drain port in them? If I had any different ones, I would give them to you.

It was a simpler time. (I like the "bloodless time") : ]] pod

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Very whimsical! Love it!

This forum could have been titled "Bad Hair Day"...

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

They are so cute. Each one seems to (belong) to its own cup. i love them. Pauletta

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Podster, I put 2 holes in each one--this being Louisiana with 100% humidity. I will not keep them where they will get rain. I have several other figural cups and will add a few shots later.
Loved the comments!!

Thumbnail by Flicker
Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Too cute !!!!!!!!!

~Julie =0)

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

If you noticed, Taz has a gulf fritillary chrysalis hanging on to his nose. He was very proud to be selected for the honor!!

Thumbnail by Flicker
Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

I am a huge fan of LOONEY TUNES
But the dw would kill me dead lol!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Luv it! Tooooo cute!!
:) Donna

I don't see the Nestles Quik rabbit. He wasn't in the cartoon line but the mugs are the same size and vintage. : ))

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

These are all Applause products. There are many of them out there. I just got the plastic Ebay does have Batman and Robin for bid right now. The only roadrunner I can find is ceramic and I want all plastic. After all, even the Tacky can be purist

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

ROFL ROFL ROFL!

sOOOO great!

Tampa, FL

Flicker, great sense of humor..and you are having such fun!!! th-th-ats all folks! sue ps can't wait to see what you do with Batman and Robin!

Horsens, Denmark

;o))) very cute and funny, a good idea ;o))

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I have so many of those ugly aloe plants in my new DH's yard I just want to rip them up. But ----- now I know how to save them! (and myself!!!).

Thanks for the wonderful, whimsical, wackiness!

P.S. His grandkids will love them! So where do I get the "action" figures?

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

The first ones I found in a antique/junk mall for $5.00 each and cheaper from Habitat for Humanities. Then I searched "figural mug" on ebay. Try to get the lowest priced from the same vendor because the shipping is what makes ebay expensive . If you get several things from the same vendor you are given a discount. Of course, when you consider that you can find what you want without getting out of your chair, ebay is a pretty good bargin!
The grandkids may have a few of there own for you to use.

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

Flicker,
So very original! Love them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.