Late Season Iris Trades

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've got that "Iris Virus" (Figuratively speaking)

Would anyone be interested in doing some late season iris swapping?

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 6:16 AM

Calhoun, KY

It's almost too late to plant them here, I'm out of room, it's rainy, let's see.....how many other reason can I come up with to keep from jumping on this! I too, have the iris virus "cool thing to have, much better than the flu"! I had better pass on this trade now but I would love to trade with you next year. I'll have more room then. Would that be a possibility?

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Definitely a possibility, Abbigail. I've gone nuts the last two years and now am growing in excess of 500 cultivars, so next year I'm certain to have plenty available for trading.

Cathy

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Roots, I too, would be interested next spring. As it is I still have daylilies that I need to get in the ground, and it is still wet here from the torrential rain we had last weekend. Send some warmer air here to dry out my soil..

Calhoun, KY

That sounds good to me! I've gotten around 400 in the last 2 years myself so next year I should have quite a few to trade. The more traders the merrier! Now all we need is someone to remember we want to trade! August would be the best time to start planting in my area until the last of Sept.. I'd like to get them planted before the middle of Sept. myself. Maybe around May or June we should send each other our list that we have available to trade so we would have time to look them up.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hey roots, is this offer still on? What are you looking for and I'll get you a list of some I just can't live without if you have them!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Rootsand rizomes, since you started this thread, why don't you save it somewhere, and in June, remind us, and we will resume this discussion. See how easy I passed that responsibility? LOL

I got 3 iris today, know it is late, but had no choice to plop them in the ground. Hope they make it. These were from a trade.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Yikes !! May I jump in on this too.??
*sigh* I only have about 200 names iris......
Which means that There is room for more.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Add me to the list for next yr, pls! I will have more raised beds & they are so beautiful.
If you ever get to typing or in on a co-op with Wandaflowers, it will be another addiction. Amazing how many addictions one gardener can have! lol
:~)

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Okay - All interested in trading rhizomes next summer add a response to this thread and next year we can contact each other for possible trades.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

bump

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Sounds fun...please add me to the list.
Thanks, Laura

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Maybe me, too, if I get the new bed dug this year....

Neil

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd like to be added as well
:)
A

Louisville, KY

Add me to the list

John

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

changing the subject but does anyone ever do an iris co-op at other than bloomingbulb? how does it work? and when are they done?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I would be more interested in paying postage if anyone has any to do that way. I would also prefer to go with LA and Siberian iris for now. I have lots of new bearded ones from the past 3 years and would like to get some more of the other types. I think I have about 5 or 6 LA and one dark purple/blue Siberian that I think someone told me is probably Ceaser's Brother or something like that. I really don't care that much if they are unnamed, tho named ones are certainly welcome.

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I'd consider trades and postage (for some) later this year. Hoping to keep track of all that as they bloom..... ;0)

MJ--there was co-op activity w/ Snow Peak Iris last year......look for some old threads and you'll get a good sense of it all. Orders were taked earlier w/ shipping in July/Aug. I participated and it was fabulously organized and resulted in great rhizomes.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I would be willing to trade or pay postage, so add me to your lists. Anyone have Persian Berry to trade or send for postage? The latter might work better for me since I don't have so many iris ready to be divided -- a few though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.