My Roosters

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I have pics of my Roosters!!
Barred Cochin

Petticoat Butt

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 9:44 AM

Thumbnail by Moodene

Suppose to be Blue or Splash Cochin..if anybody knows..let me know...

Splash Cochin-Blue Beaumont
Changing Blue to Splash name..

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 9:43 AM

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 4:25 PM

Thumbnail by Moodene

Can someone ID this one for me? somebody mention that he could be one of them long tailed rooster?? he is young..6 months old..

ID-Welsummer roo..named Evening Sundown

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 9:45 AM

Thumbnail by Moodene

Needs ID,please?

Thumbnail by Moodene
somewhere, PA

That's a fine looking crew! I am particularly fond of cochins so that first guy is my favorite.
You last couple look like my little bantum roosters (except they have the fuzzy legs & feet
of cochin). No ID help though.
Tam

LOL.. Yea, the first rooster is Petticoat Butt...he has so many feathers layered on that butt of his..lol..

somewhere, PA

Now that isn't a very dignified name for such a dignified looking rooster LOL
I love it!

I hope to have babies from him and his 5 hen harem...lol..next spring....

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

yes thats a splash cochin
Breed him to a black and you'll get blues
The best blues come from a black from a blue X black mating and a splash

COOL!!!!! Thanks...now need to name him..mmm
Got it.. His name is Blue Beaumont.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2006 5:55 PM

Potsdam, NY(Zone 4a)

Now that first picture of the red and black rooster is my ideal for a rooster. He is gorgeous! Exactly the color and clean legs, with large wattles and comb! I would want one exactly like him! We will both hope someone ids him for you! LOL! BAM

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Moodene if he is a bantam( the red one) it looks like the twin to my young Gentlemen! He looks as if you have a beautiful(excuse me) handsome...Tah daaaaaaaa.... old English BB Red !!! If he is a Standard size he looks like a Gorgeous Rhode Island Red!!!!!

somewhere, PA

eufaula - does the BB in old English BB Red stand for anything? I've got a bantum that
looks a like like that rooster of Moodenes (but he has fuzzy legs & feet).
Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi Tammy Im just not sure about the BB, Ill have to look that up!! Your pair are very pretty! They look , as far as coloration like BB's, but they look as if they may have been the result of a cross between a Cochin and BB Red!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Heres a pair of my BB's, I have 2 roos and 4 pure bred Hens.

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Now this little Buff Bantam is the PAIN ,of my Chicken Yard! He is Very pretty but he knows it and I cannot catch him to put him in a pen!! He refuses to go into the chicken house at night and will roost on top where I cant get to him!! He will call my girls out to him! Ihave had to " rescue" one of my little BB hens and one of my Belgian D'Anvers from him! He intends to start hs own little Mixed breed family! So now Im intent on finding him a couple of buff beauties to go free range with him!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

These are all beautiful birds. I love pretty birds.

Potsdam, NY(Zone 4a)

The BB is black-breasted is it not? By the way, Eufala your chickens are pretty fabulous, too. The Japanese black tailed are really great. I admire all of you ladies with these lovely chickens, and the roosters are all fabulous. Someday, I want some, too. BAM

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Those are some handsome lads.

Here's my Black Australorp roo, at about 5 months old.

Thumbnail by Zeppy
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Bambam, I hope someday you will be able to have all the chickies you want too!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.