Lets see your Fall leaves!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Its that time of the year! I know they are just beginning to turn but lets see them as they give us all their glory!!

Heres the first "color" at my house ! This is an old Sweet Gum ,fixing to get "Purty"!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Leary, GA

Very nice picture. I live in South West GA and don't have alot of color, but later there will be a few favorite spots I will be keeping my eyes on.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2006 9:37 PM

Thomson, GA

Mine haven't yet, but I notice everyday a group of three dogwoods on the road into town that are slowly turning. My caladiums wilted last night, so I know the temps fell below 50° and I am ready for the color explosion!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

okay here is my dogwood just beginning to turn. i love the look of these red berries. this is a very nice size dogwood in our yard....our only one i wish we had more of these.

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i am so glad you started this thread! i love fall!

kelly : )

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yes I love this tim of the year! I think I will take a pic of the highway in front of my home and we will "watch" the color develope ! How about that??

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

this is one of my little Crepe Myrtles

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Thomson, GA

My dogwoods are sad looking. They all have dark spots on the leaves and they did not have very pretty color last fall, nor did they bloom very well. They were not nursery trees; I'm sure they have been on this property for years. I hate to get rid of them but I'm beginning to think they are diseased. Yuch. My crape myrtles just have a few leaves turning today; I'm sure there will be more next week as the temps are expected to fall this weekend.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

My Sweet Gum , is the only one showing any red yet!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Thomson, GA

I had to go to Greenwood SC today. I could barely keep my eyes on the road the colors were so breathtaking. I got a few pictures but they really don't do the real thing justice. Is it me and my old age, or are they just really gorgeous this year? Between McCormick and Abbeville there was a stretch of road that had a "canopy" of trees over the road. Made me feel glad to be alive and not behind a desk.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

This was on I-20 somewhere between Thomson and Greensboro. Wish I had a better camera, but, hey, it's supposed to be for taking pictures of houses, not trees. I guess I'll have to invest in a better one for the fun stuff and keep this old workhorse for the dull stuff.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

The Bradford Pears are incredible this year. Tomorrow I will make a special trip down a road where there is a house whose driveway is lined with them. Last year they were pretty awesome, so I know they will be amazing this year. Their neighbor has a yard full of oaks?? that are all gold. When things are this pretty it's hard to be upset about anything.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

I'm not a very good photographer. There were lots of shots that ended up too blurry or distorted for you to enjoy. I just love it when I take a picture of a house that looks like it's leaning!

Thumbnail by guardians
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Nice pics everyone! I've heard the experts say the fall foliage colors are best in years of drought so maybe thats the reason they are so gorgeous. The 8 acres on our property we've chosen to leave just as it is and how beautiful.......like being in a cathedral.......so quiet and peaceful.

Thumbnail by bugme
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh Shoot! the color didnt turn out as well as it should , this picture was taken on Godfrey Road here in Eatonton and the colors were soooo vivid!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

this was driving back from the Smokies last weekend! Almost made you want to turn back around!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

So glad you made this post,I grew this ginko from a seed,about 26 Yrs. ago,it is now about 30',and yes, I'm proud.Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77
Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Just beautiful Mike! Your own personal gift to Mother Nature.

Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

This is in Kentucky at Bernheim Forest.

Thumbnail by mgarr
Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

I was taking pictures in the rain of this stand of Ginko's and the very next day most of the foliage was on the ground.

Thumbnail by mgarr
Thomson, GA

This yard is so pretty in the spring and fall. I make a detour just to see the trees every now and then.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

Can someone tell me what kind of tree this is? There is one down the highway from me and this one was in downtown Washington. Very dark bark and bright yellow leaves. Just stunning and I want one! I'm sure it will take decades to get this size, though.

Thumbnail by guardians
Thomson, GA

The colors are just splendid this year. I wish I could bottle it.

Thumbnail by guardians

guardians,That is a golden ginko, in down town washington. Mike

Thomson, GA

Hi Mike, I thought it looked a lot like yours, but it's hard to tell from a distance. Aren't they beautiful? I think I will plant one, but I don't think I have the patience to start one from seed. Where is Danielsville?

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh you guys, thanks for the beautiful photos! Maybe I'll have some next year since I'm moving to a place with TREES (not much sun, but...) up in Woodstock in a few weeks. Fall is always my favorite time of year - the cool, the rain, the colors...I just love it.

Thank you all for sharing!

~Sunny

guardians,I planted three stinking seeds,from under the ginko's planted in Athens,Ga.and carried them with me when I moved here in D'ville,in 1982,I started the seed in 1979.Seems like yesterday.BTW,Danielsville is N,of Athens,S, of Royston.Quaint little town,with old court house in the middle of HWY.129. Mike

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a picture of a lovely beech in my neighbor's back yard.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

We just bought 'Lady in Red' hydrangea. I don't know what the flowers will look like but the foliage and stems is enough for me.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Lawrenceville, GA

I don't have a picture to post, but mine are covering the backyard... if you want 'em, come get 'em!!!!! I'll even provide the bags and rakes... that's how generous I am!

Be right over! Do you rake or do we?

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

So Sad, this Birch was so full of color just last week and now after the wind and rain, Only two little leaves left!( sigh) Winter is here!!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Lawrenceville, GA

You'll have to do the raking, I'm afraid, but I have several rakes and I'll even throw in some apple cider or hot chocolate. And don't be worried that I'll run out.... there is plenty for all AND I'm not asking for a trade. These pretty, colorful, leaves from all different kinds of trees are yours for the taking. I don't expect anything in return. I'm really in the holiday spirit, right?!?!?!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

The temp finally warmed up and the sun is bright, so I decided to quit hibernating and go out and enjoy ...... This is what I found, Oh well a nice ride on the Mower will mulch this mess in a couple of hours! I just hope I can find the flower beds and not run over them! LOL!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hmmm...... maybe the mower , the blower, the rake and the pitchfork!!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Best leaves I've seen all year....
:)

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Susan you need a big picture of that on your wall. The blond resembles you a lot. Really pretty eyes.

I blowed leaves the week before Thanksgiving and in a couple of days it looked like it did before I even thought about the blower.
Yard is full now. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I can get to it.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes Jim, I'll frame it and put this one on the wall :) It's so hard to get the both of them happy at the same time! It's interesting.. we think the older one favors me and the younger one favors Kelly, but other folks tell us the reverse all the time ... ???

yes... those leaves just go all over the place.

Susan

Roberta, GA(Zone 8a)

There's a reason they're called leaves! "leave" them where they're at :).......

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love leaves so much I actually bring those in from my friends house as use it as mulch :) I love the way it looks.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.