This message was edited Sep 27, 2006 7:27 PM

This message was edited Sep 27, 2006 7:30 PM

This message was edited Oct 6, 2006 4:10 PM

Thumbnail by intercessor
Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Another shot June 2

Thumbnail by intercessor
Chicago, IL

Oohhhh. Who is Emma Rose? Your new baby???? How precious. I would take her over dahlias anyday. :-)

July 5...

Thumbnail by intercessor

Yes my new baby :*)

OOps out of order June 17...

Thumbnail by intercessor

July 29... Wow that fertilizer worked :*)

Thumbnail by intercessor

Closeup

July 29

Thumbnail by intercessor

Big Wow indeed 11 to 12 inches...

Aug. 1st

Thumbnail by intercessor

Aug. 1st

Thumbnail by intercessor

For fun Aug 1st 12 feet high!

Thumbnail by intercessor

Aug. 13th

Thumbnail by intercessor

Another Aug 13th shot...

Thumbnail by intercessor

Sept 6...

Thumbnail by intercessor
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Oh Emma Rose takes the blue ribbon! What a beautiful bright-eyed baby. I'd say M ID Light Blend of Pink and white LOL! She's a doll, even prettier than Big Wow. Congratulations Intercessor and Mr/Mrs Cessor too.

Your dahlia bed and other flowers turned out so very nice. Such a tidy neighborhood too.

Sept 6 #2

Thumbnail by intercessor
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow on everything!
Love that pic of the cutest baby! Yes, I would take that baby over dahlias any day for sure. LOL
Who could resist that cutie?
But your flowers beds look great. They sure did very well. Also love the hydrangeas along the house. They look healthy too.

Thanks Pooch, my first. I think she is adorable, I'm suppose to, I'm the dad! :*)

Sept 6 #3 a little blurry

Thumbnail by intercessor

Sept 6 #4 I will have to take some for the end of this month. Starting to wither but the asters are blooming...

Thumbnail by intercessor

These are from around the house, I know they're not Dahlias but I couldn't resist posting...

This message was edited Sep 27, 2006 11:24 PM

Thumbnail by intercessor

Another....

Thumbnail by intercessor

Ok one more :*)

Thumbnail by intercessor
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow! Great show, intercessor!! My dahlia bed is almost the exact same shape....your bed looks so much better than mine though. I definitely need to take a planting lesson from your pics! LOL

Emma Rose is gorgeous! If I could be guaranteed I'd have a girl, I'd have another baby in a heartbeat! ;o)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks great! Congratulations on the baby and the flowers.

What helenium do you have there?
You had Babylon Bronze and Bonaventure in there I thought?
What was your purple one?

Things are slow here now too - I'd start covering them up at night to lengthen your season.

Al, the tag says helenium Red. It grew great this year. I was suprised by the nice form, since some of the photos of it showed a more random look. It has two stems and each half has a slightly different color. So I don't know if it is one or two?

The dahlias are Bonaventure, Big Wow, Lilac Time (sp?) and the other was suppose to be Babylon Bronze but those looked more like a faded, pale orange. So not sure I got a miss label.
I am not going to grow so many that close again, it was my first year at Dahlias.

Maybe baby will like Dahlias too.?

This message was edited Sep 28, 2006 12:17 PM

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have the Red/Gold hybrids helenium, mine is all gold - you might have got both colors.

I had 2 of those 4. Did you take single closeups of those?

Chelsey is a great helenium

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Ooops that is red shades...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

this is this best pic site for helenium I have seen
http://www.samshrub.co.uk/helenium/helenium.htm

Chicago, IL

All gorgeous - flowers & baby & house & nighborhood. :-) Fox River Velley? You are not that far from me. lol. I might come kidnap that baby and Dahlias. lol.

Al, Very pretty Helenium. What's the name of that green & gold grass on the left behind the Helenium. Very pretty. Do you collect seeds of those Helenium, Al & Intercessor? Hint...hint....hint....

This is my first year growing Helenium or anything for the most part. So not sure about the seed, I'll see what happens though.

Here are the close ups...

Bovaventure

Thumbnail by intercessor

Lilac Time

Thumbnail by intercessor

This was suppose to be Babylon Bronze I don't think it is. My camera seems to mess up the colors on this one everytime I take a picture. It is much more pale orange center with a faded yellow/orange tips. It is not so mellon color, I don't care for this one very much.

Thumbnail by intercessor

Thats about it for the Dahlias. I only grew 4 colors this year. I know they are not very exciting but would anybody be interested in a trade? :*} Heck I will give some away...

Ok one last picture of my flowerbed, the Aster Aalerts are blooming and the Aster Purple Dome just starting.

Good day,
intercessor

Thumbnail by intercessor

Al here is the closeup of the helenium. The right side has more gold than the left. It isn't very obvious.
Thanks for the web link to the helenium. Some of those look very similar, kind of hard to tell some helenium apart.

intercessor

Thumbnail by intercessor
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have seen Red Shades sold as Helena Red Shades - where did you buy it - because I know ALL the spots.

Glad you posted the Alert because I have that and wondered if it was right because it wasn't really red like they said.

You got a lot of flowers on Lilac Time, mine opened late and has only had a few on it - certainly an A size.

Bronze doesn't really mean orange - I would say that Babylon Bronze is right, very much the color of Ferncliff Copper I have listed as bronze.

I really liked Bonaventure - gotta be in your top 5 too right?

I would probably be up for a Big Wow or Babylon Bronze.

Canal Winchester, OH(Zone 5b)

How old is Emma Rose! Your Dahlia's are beautiful, but we need an update on the baby!
Rosalind

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Here is an accurate color shot of my Alert.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow! Gorgeous, Al!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mendy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.