ChiBot 30 September

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm doing a class on Oaks for Illinois at the Chicago Botanic Garden this coming Saturday afternoon. Anybody from the Chicago area planning to be there? If so, let me know -- I don't want to miss you!

Guy S.

Metairie, LA

I'll be there in spirit!!!!!!!!!!!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I might be there in spirits myself!
Wish you could join us . . .

Northeast, IL(Zone 5b)

Rats. I live a mere 8 miles from the Botanic Garden and am a member, but have an out-of-town wedding to attend that day. Are you doing any other classes there in the near future, Guy?

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Sorry I'll miss you. I'll be there around 1-2 March, but it's not firmed up yet. I'll also be in McHenry County on 24 February for the Wildflower Preservation Committee. Those presentations will be on different topics.

By the way, I see you're fairly new here, so welcome aboard! We look forward to having you share your info with us. Just don't believe anything those Viburnum weasels and Albizia haters try to tell you about me. Lies, all lies!!!
Hee-hee-hee!

Guy S.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Guy, I looked at the Schedule of events at the Garden and couldn't find any information about it. Can you give me more information, such as time and location, possible fees etc... Thanks

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

The one on Saturday is from 1:00-4:00 in Annex #1, offers three CEU credits, and costs their standard basic fee ($59 for members/ $74 for nonmembers). If you call there, ask for Jill Selinger or Amelia Simmons-Hunt and they can handle it for you. The description is on page 25 of their current course catalogue, titled "Oaks for Illinois landscapes." Or if you just want to say hello and you're close enough, stop by around 4:00!
Guy S.

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

I hear the Chicago Botanic Garden has a nice BIG creek that runs through it, what a perfect setting for you!!!

Thornton, IL

terry - OMG! "You hear" there's a BIG creek!? Does that mean you've never been there? That's simply not right, so you'll have to go and cheer Guy on! He's the cute one with the freckles, no, no, wait, that's Patrick! Guy's the other cute one. I'm the other cute one. hee hee. But I can't come, I'm sick. (No really, I just got gross news, I feel like the old gray mare).

*whispering in your ear* I have a hernia!!

Isn't that gross?? And hysterically funny.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Well, at least its not something wrong with your knees!
They shoot old grey mares for that condition.
hehehe...

Patrick!

We old gray mares may not be what we used to be but we haven't lost our minds... yet!

Hernias, punctures, burns, feet, ankles, arms, ribs, hands, what next? Pretty soon we'll all be on the injured list. Gardening! It's a dangerous sport but somebody's got to do it!

Terry, you haven't been to the ChiBo yet! That is something we're going to have to fix gosh darnitall! Me and PG will have to address that deficiency! You're going next spring even if you and me have to push PG around in a wheelchair!

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Guy, I am going to have to retire to get to participate in all of the wonderful conferences that You keep coming up with. Sorry I can't be there. Tell me, what Acorns are you hoping the find there...

PG, I hope you get well soon. After the surgery, recovery takes about 6 weeks, with the first week being the most memorable. Have Hubby install your computer next to the bed; you won't be walking around much. Best wishes!

And E, If you ever loose your mind, I hope I find it...

Thornton, IL

Patrick - thanks for the well wishes. No surgery yet, I actually have an inflammation of the chest wall too, and need to take care of that first. In other words, falling apart at the seams! Yes, indeedy. It's not strangled or causing any other problems, if you know what I mean, so that's on the back burner. I need to find out if I can start an exercise program now, or should I wait? I want to do my own 12 week makeover, snip, tuck, squat, yow!

Metairie, LA

PrairieGirl, one day my best friend told me she had to have surgery for a hernia and I said "Oh, that is such a masculine thing." She got the best laugh on me a few months later when I had to have a hemmorhoidectomy. She said "Now, how feminine is that?" So, there are worse things--good luck with it all. No heavy lifting, please. I got the H's from shoveling a load of river sand around the yard.

Thornton, IL

This is weird, a whole community of fellow hernia sufferers! Gardening is THAT hazardous, who knew? LOL

Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

TMI TMI TMI!!!!!!

Thornton, IL

just you wait, you're next! LOL

sorry.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Mine was derived from solo manual adjustment of a 4" caliper 'Winter Gold' crabapple, already placed at the appropriate planting level in the hole, circa 1995. I think I kind of felt like Kneevin's ripped jeans looked in that thread from a while back.

I bet THAT pic would get a few "views".

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I have a herniated disc? Does that count?

Scott

Thornton, IL

Sadly, yes.

I am proud to say I am hernia free!

Thornton, IL

HeF for short. *ducking and running*

Nope, I've got enough issues without having to deal with a hernia. Hearing aids are next on the list for me so you better duck and run or I'm going to send you my bill for hearing aids.

Thornton, IL

I can't hear you! *wagging fingers in ears!*

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Actually, its: She can't hear you!

So, Your deaf as a door knob, eh E?

Here, stick two of these green wax things in your ears and look like Shrek and you'll know how I feel these days-

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

Well all you hernia sufferers, the puncture wound in my foot is healing quite nicely.

Equil, instead of sticking those in my ear, is it all right if I drink it then chew on the bottle for awhile? Yum yum......

They bring back nice memories of childhood don't they? I remember chewing on the wax long after the juice was gone. Wax lips and wax fingers had a fun taste to them too. Remember those quarter sized wafer space ship looking candy things that came in assorted pastel colors with candy dots inside of them? I think I saw those at some site for sale for candies from the 50's.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.