Just the beginning

Taylorsville, NC

ahhh got my first bags of leeaves and yard waste nicely chopped thru the mower and bagged. nice of these people to put them by the curb in clear bags, city regulation so i can see how nice it is, a nice mix of brown and green ready to go

then i noticed they had a pro landscaper and this was his work, hummm would like to have his customer list he bags nicely

the good thing is wife is at work and i can haul it home and toss iton my invisiable pile
, i fenced off the back 20' of the back yard and i dump the gags and hide the bags yes she knows but ahhh

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Nice scavenging! Hopefully the wife will turn a blind eye to it all -- until she sees the results and starts scavenging with you!

Taylorsville, NC

i got the truck and she has the vue so bood thing she is to competative
well at some things lol

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

ahh yes...I occasionally swipe...errr...rescue yard waste bags from the curb. There is that brief window during the fall when leaves are falling and the grass is still growing so when people bag their lawn clippings it comes premixed with shredded leaves. I have only gotten a few such bags...but man are they nice!

- Brent

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

How are you guys getting leaves already? What kind of leaves? Here in SW Ohio all the trees are still green...

Karen

Taylorsville, NC

i use vodoo works good
lol
just kidding
someof the landscape guys are cleaning up yards in areas that where not kept up and a few afe coming down due to stresss and the like and a few treess are early too

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Leaves are falling here. Some of the trees are still green. Some have turned yellow/orange almost completely.

Do newly raked leaves make good mulch, just for keeping the soil a little warmer?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Leaves make a good free mulch. I use mulched leaves, tho, not whole. When they fall I'll mulch some beds with them and hoard the rest for compost.

Karen

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

OK! My neighbor has 2 huge pin oak trees which have started dropping leaves. He was out yesterday meticulously vacuuming them while I was clearing out annuals from my front flower bed. I got him to dump them leaves right from the vacuum bag into my bed. My husband was was mowing the lawn at the same time and I nagged him to bag some of the grass clippings. So I mulched that bed with a good 6 inches of dry shredded leaves and grass clippings. Good day!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.