Seed pods falling off

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

I think my seedpods are falling off (getting eaten?). When I go to chaek on them it always seems I have less than I thought I did. Is there anything I can do? And if I get one to stay on, how long will it take to turn brown and be ready to harvest?

Thanks for any advice _ I've never tried this before.
Sherry

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

if they fall of i doubt that the cannas you have make seed, or they werent pollinated.

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's bad. A friend really wants seeds!

Would it even make a seedpod if it were not pollinated? I have 3 good sized ones right now but they are green.

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

from what ive seen with mine it goes like this.
the hybrid canna, which dont make seeds, make the pod which stays a dark red/brown and eventually falls off. and the canna that produce seed pods with seeds stay greenish until the seeds are ripe, then they turn brown and crack open to reveal the seed inside.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

first yard, I probably don't have the same colors but I do have seed..............so if you don't get seed, I'll send you some. NP
LMK :~)

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Smockette - i'll keep that in my back pocket.

I found the package and it says they are Pink Futurity but based on the info I got when I Googled that name, I don't think they are. They don't even look like the pic on the pkg. The ones on the pkg are almost all pink with just a little yellow . Mine are streaked abt equally with yellow and pink. Very pretty but not what I wanted.

So ,anyway, I don't know if it's a hybrid or not. Will just have to keep watching the seed pods.

Sherry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.