July 25

southeast, NE

Only 5 months of Christmas shopping days left! Oh my!!

I'm in a good mood this a.m. - it's raining!!! It's been getting pretty dry - heard on the weather that this time of the year we need to average 1/3 inch of rain a day for optimal corn growing. It's supposed to cool down too.

Dh had our sheep shearer friend come over and shear our fat lambs. They found 3 nice ewes lambs in that pen that we will keep and dd may even show at the state fair. A friend of a friend also brought over some of his ewes to be sheared.

Yesterday I took dh to work as his truck needed some brake work. I then ran a bunch of errands and had my annual (one of my least favorite things to do) exam yesterday. But I realize how important these are as my mother's family has a heavy history of cancer. Didn't drink any coffee yesterday a.m. so I could have cholesterol test and I felt that lack of caffeine the rest of the day.

Well better go - need to do some laundry - the jeans/t-shirts that dh and dd wore last night while helping the shearer are pretty bad.

You all have a great day!!

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!