McCULLOCH 2in1 Electric Chipper/shredder

Bloomfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anybody has any experience with this machine ? Gardeners.com has it for $279 and says it has a 1600 watt (14 amp) motor and does both shredding leaves and chips upto 1.5" branches - which is more than enough for me as I dont have any large trees. Just plan to use it for leaf shredding and vegetable plants that are ready to be pulled out, so I can add them to the compost pile. I saw the same machine on Amazon.com for $100 less. Just wanted someone's opinion before I spring for it. Thanks.

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

I bought it wish I had not - leaves can be done with your lawn mower or with a string edger with the leaves in the bucket. It works well enough for sunflower stalks but any real hard wood it has problems. And if you have a large amount of bagged leaves they will have small rocks in it (its inevitable) it will jam and you have to take it apart. Scenes from the movie Fargo intimidated me.... wanted a "girly" machine.........trust me this machine is too girly. (But maybe my latest purchase of a electric chain saw has made me manly........) My younger brother saw it, shook his head and said next time I should talk to him and that we could have gone in together and got something "better" used..........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.