So happy it's Fall!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

I just love fall. Even though I live in "almost always the same temperature" Southern California, fall containers are so pretty. Thought I'd share some of my front porch lovelies! I've always wanted to go back east (never been there at all) to see the fall colors. At my house, we have color change that only really shows up on my japanese maple, and liquid amber tree, so I try to make my front porch "seasonal".

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Here's another.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

And a "group shot".

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

That is a nice thing to know. I live in South Carolina and would not have expected someone in Cali. to like fall colors.Want me to send you some pics in a month or so?

I'd love some!! Thanks :-)

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

I miss CA ... your "fall" is my early summer back here. Very well done.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Here's my containers on front porch from May. Still going. I think I'll just at some mums and pumpkins for the fall color. what do you think?

Thumbnail by pegdog

Oh, that's great container ~ very pretty. It would look great with pumpkins! I like to add them too, especially the unusual colored ones. I really enjoy the white and the green/orange pumpkins ~ they are just so pretty and cheerful with those colors :-) Thanks for sharing!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks. It's a Southern Living Urn, super sale got me two of them. Sharing is good. UR Wlcm

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Peg, I saw this gorgeous plant in Garden Gate magazine - berberis thunbergii "Golden ring" - great burgundy colour tho highlight that bright yellow and put a punch in the orange shades of pumpkins - which is a great idea! I'm crazy about pumpkins!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Like that calla lilly!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

F~ great idea! What issue was it?

Peg, it was 71, on editor's choice - it is sooo beautiful I think I may challenge my lack of space to fit her in!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Great! I am going shoppin' tomorrow! :)

....so am I! ;-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Amarantha,

We live in the heart of "Fall Foliage" country. The traffic from "leaf-peepers" is ridiculous, and the silliest part is on the news, they say what percent of the leaves have turned, like "the leaves are at 65% of peak on the Great Blue Hill" and you have to imagine the weather girl counting all the leaves to get a percentage, although I'm sure they do it with computers. But what really bugs me is that fall in New England isn't just sugar maples turning colors, it's daddies raking leaves and then kids jumping in the piles, it's flowers turning into birdseed, it's the last lawn mowing of the year, it's finishing summer and preparing for winter. Oh, and a really cool thing to do is take 2 pieces of wax paper, get a kid to bring the most beautiful leaf s/he can find, and iron the leaf between the wax papers (I think you have to use a layer of newspaper so the melted wax doesn't get on the iron). This preserves your beautiful leaf, not forever, but for a few days.

xxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.