Look at the babies!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I had to share these. These are some zinnias that I started from seed. From the entire packet of probably 50 seeds, only two grew but they're pretty cool anyway. I didn't really know what to expect, but these are taller than any other zinnia I've had and there's an adorable second row of mini flowers growing right out of the original flower - I think it's very unusual looking. I also think it's funny that on the same plant both white and pink flowers are blooming. Gotta love these zinnias! :~) Christina

Thumbnail by cnswift
Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

I love zinnias too. I planted them in my back flower bed three years ago. Two years ago they came up in the bed and out of the bed. I dug up the ones outside the bed and planted them in the front at the corner of the fence. At the fence I planted them as a bunch. My hubby calls them my flower vase.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I won't say I love zinnias, but I sure do love to buy a few different pots around July when I see how my perennials have/haven't come back, to fill in the blank spots. I usually buy some of the HD ones that are maybe 12" - 18" high when I buy them, but wind up being 3' - 4' high monsters! But I like the way they have pink/orange/salmon/yellow blooms all on the same plant! I hope to try WSing some this year...

xxxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.