Biostack bin

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I got a new Biostack bin today. Looks easier to use than the old falling apart one I have now. I hope it's easier. I found a lot of positive user reviews on line.

Of course with the horrid rain we've had since yesterday, I might not get out there to even set it up for a while.

Karen

Kalamazoo, MI

Hi Karen

I got a Biostack a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. I haven't gotten a finished batch yet (didn't put in enough greens the first time) but the temps have gotten up there in the pile the other couple of times after I've turned it.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Kristi: Thanks, good to hear.

It's assembled now and the old compost materials are in it. I think I'm going to like it. I have done almost nothing on building compost this spring and summer; I've had health problems. Hope that's all behind me now. Added some grass clippings and shredded leaves today.

Karen

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

We have several biostacks at our community garden that were donated by the Master Composter program. They do heat up if you get the right mix in them. We are experimenting with the standard process of moving the tiers of the stack and turning the compost versus using a compost auger to turn the pile in situ. Too soon to tell if the auger will save work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.