looking for honeysuckle cuttings

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm looking for gold flame and red cape honeysuckle cuttings .

And Your information on how you root them would be nice too, I"ve tried cuttings before and theydidnt' root for me, but wanted to try them again.

I can trade for them, I have lots of plants to trade. Let me know what your lookingfor.

kathy

Rogue River, OR(Zone 8a)

i dont know if you would be interested - i have honeysuckle - it is lonicera japonica. let me know!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

what color is the flower?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Gold flame is a Lonicera cultivar (Lonicera x heckrotii) but cape honeysuckle is another plant entirely (Tecomaria capensis). Just wanted to make sure we understood correctly what you were looking for?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

You got it, looking for both

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you're not able to get cuttings of the Tecomaria, Kartuz sells small plants of it in several colors. I don't think it's hardy in your zone though so you'll have to bring it in for the winter--I had a nice one at my old house but every year it would suffer frost damage on the 2 days a year we get frost, so I don't see it making it through a colder winter than what I have and PF lists it only to zone 9a.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Your right, I think i've changed my mind on the cape honeysuckle, it' s not hardy here. I found a red flowering honey suckle vine and still looking for the gold flame honeysuckle.

thanks ecrane

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You might post on Vines and Climbers too, see if anyone over there has the Gold Flame.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

I have the 'Goldflame' honeysuckle.
I can send cuttings if you want.
This picture is the bloom of the 'Goldflame'.

I also have the 'Halls' honeysuckle.
Will post that pic next.

Let me know.
Carol

Thumbnail by daisyruffles
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

'Halls' honeysuckle

Thumbnail by daisyruffles
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

do you have any gold flame rooted daisy?

or cuttings you might could spare.

kathy

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Kathy,
I am trying to root some now. I shouldn't have tried during the summer. Is too hot so they are struggling. I am going to do more this fall/winter tho.
But I can give you all the cuttings you want. The plant is still huge, lots of blooms, and fresh shoots.
So let me know what you want then.
Carol

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Is it easy to root Carol?

i've not tried rooting honeysuckle before.

What do you want in trade?

kathy

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, it is easy to root. It just was too hot this summer to babysit them. They do better in the summer.
What do you have? I like hardy perennials, dahlias, bulbs, etc.
Carol

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have perennials, no dahlias or bulbs though.

what kinds of perennials you looking for

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

how about a cutting trade.

I have some french pink pussy willow that roots easily or some orange blossom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.