Houseplant Swap - Round 5

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Just finishing up Houseplant Swap IV and again it seems to have been a success. A few boxes yet to be received. I figure we can get at least one more if not two in before weather is to cold. This will vary depending on different zones.

I am now taking names, addresses and list of your haves/wants. In the past I have not looked to see who else you may have traded with in the previous swaps, I will do so this time so that you have someone new. If you have been involved with someone on another swap please put their name in the dmail, otherwise I will not know about it. They may or may not be signed up for this swap. I know some have asked about switching after being assigned as they had or were currently in a swap with them.

Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

If you wish to join please dmail me your name, addy, list of what you have to swap and what you would like to receive from the swap. - to expedite signups, please included all information on one dmail, I will then use that dmail to send your buddy.

Rules are listed below.
1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants, this is a swap not a give away.
2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4, however these should be different plants, not 4 of the same (the smaller number will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.
3. Sign ups will runs until September 26th (may extend if needed)
4. Mailing date will be October 10th- can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.
5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please dmail me. Thanks and hope to host another wonderful trade. Round 1 we had 13 buddies, round 2 we had 12, round 3 we had 11, round 4 - 19 -- the largest yet.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Sign me up please.Oh I have been waiting for this one!! Sent me info to you in D-Mail.Thanks! : ) Nancy/cedarnest

Shelton, WA

Sign me up too please!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

OK count me in one more time. Then I am out of rootings. I got some of the cutest ones last time

Beck

Me, of course! I'm such an addict...LOL

Cincinnati, OH

Me too!! I have been waiting.

Kelly

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

6 so far, be sure to send your info for the swap.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Sign me up too. I'll try this again. Lou

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

you can count me in for round 5 also.
Gale

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Please remember to send you list. I have 8 signed up and only info on 5.

Cincinnati, OH

Will do, but later tonight.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Me too! Sent info in dmail.
A rooting I will go...

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, I am assinging partners today. If you have not sent your info please do so today.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I'm in!

I'm in! If it's not too late...

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Your in luck due to how busy I get sometimes I haven't assigned yet. Still waiting on info from a few. Please send you info.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

All buddies have been assigned. Hope all enjoys.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Please reply to your dmail letting me know you got your buddy. Thanks.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

OK everyone,

I am mailing out my package to the one that I was lucky enough to get the draw for. Let me tell you alittle about this person. They are extemely excited to receive suprises and so thankful to receive. Very Nice person, pleasant to speak with, personable person, generous in trades.

The 3 house plant starts that I had have been in thier pots for several months so the have became small plants instead of babies. 2 of the plants I am sending will get very large, so give them a nice pot to start with, and are not necessarily houseplants. But I think this person will like them anyway..This person is just a special person all around. This houseplant round robin package that I am sending out is a special package for the special person. Pictured as below.

It includes:
1. Split leave Philo pup
2. Mammoth EE pup
3. Golden Pothos
4. Variegated Spider plant with babies of its own
5. Perperomi
6. and a small Lucky Bamboo for luck always to this person.

So be expecting you package about Wed. or Thur. Special Person I hope you enjoy.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I mailed out my plants on Saturday morning. They should arrive today or tomorrow. Lou

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow Beck!! Can I be your Friend??? LOL Great Looking Plants! I am sure whoever gets those will be Hap Hap Happy! : ) Nancy

Cincinnati, OH

I know!! Her "special" person is a lucky one indeed. : 0 )

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Mailing my pkg out to rwmedic this morning.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I didnt get the package mailed yesterday it was so dog gone busy. Everybody needed an ambulance yesterday. Gosh my feet hated me at about 5:00 pm. However everybody was nice last night and I went to bed at 11:00 and didnt get up til 7:00 this morning. It was kinda nice cuz I wasnt at my post. I was switched and this morning I actually got to see my hubby. We only see each other twice a week. Maybe that is why we are still married.....LOL

Anyway the package went out 1st thing this morning.

Thank you dodgedame I will be looking for package. I cant wait. I am going to have to make hubby move out to the motorhome if I get many more plants.....LOL

Well gotta get off my butt and get this neglected house cleaned up. Gonna take me all day.

Beck

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Sharon,Your box is on its way! The deadline sorta snuck up on me.I really liked the fast pace of this one.Hope you enjoy! : ) Nancy

Waltham, MA(Zone 6a)

I sent my box out today. :-)

Cincinnati, OH

My box went out today, too.

My package went out today, enjoy!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I am getting my mine and sisters ready to go, however it will more than likely be tomorrow. Have been fighting the car dealership ( my mountianeer is down) and cleaning out garage, upstairs and lost of work. I did them them wrapped yesterday however haven't made to the po yet. Sorry all.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

My box to dispatcher went out today: 0303 0130 0001 5711 4883

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Cool should have some boxes arriving by weekend. I am behind guys, Hope to get my boys to mail them tomorrow.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I have received a lovely little box today from columbia city, in today. Thank you dodgedame (i own a dodge too and love it) for the lovely plants. That included:

1. Wondering Jew
2. tons of little Var. Sprider plant.
3. A gorgeous start of African Violet....one of those plants I have always wanted but to affraid to try. Afraid of killing it.
4. Burrotail now this one I gotta look up in Plantfile,, it is a cute little thing though.

I didnt have time to replant them today so I have no picture. However the wondering jew is very very happy with its cousins in a pot by the window.

Thank you so very much
Beck

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Received my wonderful box from kaykay1010 today and I mean "wonderful".She sent Mother in Law Tongue,Sanseveria,Tahitian Bridal Veil,and a Beautiful Strawberry Begonia.And she didn't stop there.She also sent me to av heaven.( I Just Love That Place)She sent me leaves of Shy Blue,Alys Blizzard Bunny,Sweet Sam,and Rob's Boon Doggle(Love Them All) Thanks so much kaykay1010. : ) Nancy

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I received a great box from cjolene today! Thanks so very much.I received 2 AV leaves, moses in a basket, a red edged Peperomia and another varigated yellow and green Peperomia ?, a spider plant start, yellow and green varigated Jew, and what I think is a kalanchoe start. Cjolene, is there another name for moses in a basket? I could not find it in the plant files. I looked up the pregnant onion and can't wait to watch it grow and hopefully bloom. What color is the Kalanchoe? Any hints and tips on growing these will be mighty welcome. They are new to me and I wonder how big the pots should be to start them with. Thanks again and thanks to snboyken for organizing these swaps. Lou

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

dispatcher, I dmailed you.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Jcolene,
I mailed you plants yesterday.
Comfirmation number is 0306 1070 0002 3880 1865
Gale

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Got it earlier today! They all look great! Gale sent persian shield (that's been on my "wants" trading list for over a year...whoo hoo!!), purple passion vine, purple heart wandering jew, and a super-fantastic looking angel-leaf begonia! I'll post a picture later! Thanks so much! ; )

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

My sister received pkg from Sara Catherine and I received from baolvera & Cedarnest last on Saturday or Friday, (didn't make it to PO on Friday).

Thanks, full of wonderful plants.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Froggie, Rain and Mssy1267, have your pkgs been sent. Just wanting to close out this swap. Thanks.

Anyone think we can get out one more, or is to cold in your areas now?

I haven't sent KayKay1010's yet. I know....I'm very bad and I'm very sorry for that. My son's birthday took up most of last week by creating a new remodeling project for us. If I don't get the box out today, I will tomorrow. Again, my sincerest apologies. If I had realized the mailing date was to be last week, I would have sat this one out, because I would have known that wouldn't work.
I received a super box from dispatcher1, as well! Thank you so much!!
I think we might be able to one more swap, at least for my area...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.