Just an update and hello

Camden, OH(Zone 6a)

Hello all,

I am new to Daves Garden and although as a child my family had a half acre veggie garden and slave labor (Jazzpunkin & DustyDS) me and my sister, I have gardened in years. At that time we lived in upper Michigan (always cold!!) my experience was limited to squash, pumpkins and the like!! I now live in Camden, Ohio (shorter winters, longer summers) and made my hubby build me a raise flower bed that is 32' long (the width of the house) and about 4-5' wide, that has grown beautiful weeds for 2 years!! Time to plant some flowers....

I have just recently purchased a mini greenhouse and some starter seeds (oh this should be interesting!!) to start my adventure and would really love some advise/help. I couldn't find a gardening for dumbies forum so I thought I would try an area forum.... here goes.....HELP!!!

Proctorville, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG. We're happy to have you.
I wish I could help, but
I am not much good at growing plants from seeds, I am more of a divide them by force, type of gal. LOL But someone will be along to help you.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome again!

Maybe if you tell us which seeds you want to start, we can give you some hints. Some you can sow outside in 2 litre bottles in November or December and plant them out or into cells when it warms up and they sprout. Some do best started indoors in spring and others you can just throw on prepared soil. :) There are seeds for every level of gardener and with each you sow, you learn and advance.

Camden, OH(Zone 6a)

I started in the mini greenhouse: Monkey Flower, Strawberries, Bleeding Heart, Alpine Summer Gentain and Royal Paulownia. I have Checkered Lily and Viola's yet to plant. I will be honest I pick them all from the pictures - well except the strawberries and bleeding heart, I just wanted them!!! Have seen some negitive post about the Royal Paulownia - any comments??

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome curlerv! You might want to check out the Greenhouse Forum also. There are lots of experienced folks there :)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/greenhouse/all/

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Curlev! I am a bit north of you..the other side of Eaton, Ohio....but not far away!
We always go to the Black Walnut festival in Camden! Quaint little town.
Nice to meet you!
Marcy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.