A pink greenhouse

Fulton, MO

Some of you might find this amusing. I did.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Inside...

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

One of the corners with a heater...

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Another outside view.

This is the north wall, insulated now to R-7.3 or better.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Looks awesome! Did you build it yourself? What zone are you in?
:) Donna

Ferndale, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't think this pink GH is Stressbaby's. I think she just saw it somewhere. I wonder why pink? Maybe just the color of the insulation.
Love, FreeBird...

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah...I think it is his grhouse..lol....pink SB??? thats the only color that the insulation came in??? I can't stop looking at how low you have your shutters. I have never seen shutters that low in a grhouse before. Why so low?

How did you attach the insulation to the glass? Its kind of hard for me to tell, but is the insulation on the inside? Its sole purpose is to block, or insulate against north winds at night?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Very nice SB but I would have figured you for more of a powder blue or even army green...............LOL

Fulton, MO

Powder blue, come on...

Yes, that's my greenhouse. I wanted a foil-backed foam-board on the inside, and the only kind available was 1/2" thick. So I used two layers, one is 1/2" pink foamboard (the only color available) and the other on the inside is 1/2" foil-backed polyisocyanurate. I just cut the insulation to size and put the pieces in each window section.

I intended to do only the north wall, but with the extra pieces I was able to insulate around the heater in the northeast corner. I may be able to do a little on the north end of the roof as well.

I'm looking at insulation options right now and found your thread. What will you be doing on the ceiling? I think I could live with a pink greenhouse just for the winter. It's quite cheery, really!

Fulton, MO

Here is the rest of the winterizing

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Another. This is my solar pool cover. I spent most of Saturday cutting it into section to apply to the INSIDE because I had too much trouble keeping it tied down on the outside. I covered the roof except for the very top where the ridge vent is. You can see that I'm not quite finished.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

SB,

How did you apply the solar cover? Staples?

MollyD

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

thats what I wanted to know. I think that there are metal frames in there, not wood. Did you tape it to the glass/plastic?

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

SB

I love the pink. Now you've give me some good ideas for winterizing my little GH.

Thanks,
Becky

Fulton, MO

Pink is "in," right Becky?

The GH frame is such that I can fit each section into a "lip" of sorts. The solar pool cover is pretty stiff. The side wall sections slip in and stay there. The ceiling sections require a little additional support with thin strips of wood that slide into each lip and hold up the sections. Each section isn't air tight, but pretty good. There is 1/2-2" of fairly dead air space between the glass and the pool cover sections. I may use a little clear tape here and there, still experimenting.

There is a product you can get at Charley's that is a spray "glue" that you can use to apply the sections to the glass.

SB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.