help Id Please

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

You know what, I really don't know how these guys, Shadow and Khaki, got in my backyard. LOL I was exchanging one of my chicks (it turned out to be roo) for another hen and well they, the ducks,weren't selling, the man said because they were mixes. Can't imagine how they got in my car and now in my bckyard. :)

Well though I am still in the hot seat with the mrs.'s, They were given names and a new home. Now I am over the city limit for fowl per household. Living on the edge....hehehehe..... I will lose two hens when they are plump enough to take me back to the legal limit of "5 of any fowl".

Wandering if ya'll could help me id them. Shadow from what I could see looks East Indie and Khaki looks mixed Campbell and runner? Don't know though

Thumbnail by nivlac
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is another shot

Thumbnail by nivlac
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

and another

Thumbnail by nivlac
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

One of Khaki by her self

Thumbnail by nivlac
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

last pic I took but I don't think it shows much for id. Khaki runs and walks upright andshadow, bless her heart , waddles and runs around almost horizontal.

any help with breed id ? thank you in advance

calvin

Thumbnail by nivlac
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

The black is too large for an east indie
maybe a cayuga cross
The brown is a runner cross

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

thank you crestedchik. I will have to read about the cayuga breed.

I was figuring that Khaki had some runner in her. You can tell runner real easy. The man said Campbell too, but he could have been just saying that cause he knows I was wanting Khaki Campbells before I got the chickens from him. Course she could be crossed with Orpington?

Shadow is a Different story. I have know Idea as to the type Duck she is. I gues I will have to wait till she starts laying to try and tell more? Not familiar with anythingother than campbell's.

calvin

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i see some mallard in the small one

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

thanks for the help. I regret to add this. I lost the black one while out of town. I now only have the Khaki one

calvin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.