Chamblee Habitat Garden Tour

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I put these pages up for a friend of mine who could not come on the tour and thought - hey! enough Georgia gardeners here might be interested. It was a tour of gardens which have been certified by the NWF as habitat gardens - Now before you say: I already know you just pay your money, and get your sign! but all these gardens were by people who are making a real effort to provide for wildlife - berries, water, nesting material plants, shelters, etc. Some were just wonderful - the first and last were my favorites, but all were very interesting. I somehow missed picture of two of the gardens. Not sure how that happened...
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/habitat/tour.html

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Great pictures. That alligator turtle in the first set of pictures made me cringe. Those little critters are MEAN! Thanks for sharing. sr

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I enjoyed the tour!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful hardscaping - that's what my yard needs but I had to buy a new AC compressor and a new water heater this summer, so - I'll have to start saving again!

This message was edited Sep 19, 2006 11:03 AM

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Lovely Sterling.. It reinforces my personal love of yard art!! :)

Susan

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

And to think I was on vacation in GA and didn't know about this!!! I have family there, and if I go back will definately make it a stop. I can't say what would be my favorite, but there are nice ideas that I will try to remember. Thanks much for the treat all of the groups were lovely!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Just beautiful Sterling, thank you for sharing. We're moving up that way (to Woodstock) so that might be a nice weekend activity next year!

~Sunny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.