Anybody using Bayer Advanced All-in-1? Need advice..

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Bugs have been attacking my plants.
There are 2 Bayer Advanced products that I'd like to try, the All-in-1 Rose and Flower Care, and 2-in-1 Systemic Rose and Flower Care Ready to Use Granules.
Which one would you suggest? And how much to use for potted plants, especially for C&S, since most of them are still small, and are in small pots, with the exception of community pots. I don't want to overdo and kill the plants instead. I tried to find instruction on how to use, but they don't have instruction for potted plants.
Anyone that's been using these 2 products on potted plants, please advice!
Thanks!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Hi Sherly, I’m still sorting out the Bayer products too, so I've been watching for posts about them as I decide what to use.

RUK recently posted in this thread that she uses the Bayer Advanced™ All-In-One Rose & Flower Care, 1 ounce per gallon of water:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/648518/

Also, there’s a recent thread in the greenhouse forum that mentions using 2 tsp per gallon of the Bayer Tree and Shrub (systemic imidacloprid) with good results for fighting mealybugs:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/626448/

Hope this helps, I’ll be trying some too. I was hoping positive thinking would keep pests away from my plants, but that doesn't seem to be working.
Sheri

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much for the link, Sheri....Those sure help a lot...
How'd you look for them? I tried using the 'search' feature, but the results are just too many to sort through.
Well, then good luck for both of us and everyone else that's fighting bugs, hope this will work...!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

I use the search feature a lot too, but I found these posts in threads I was just reading, and made a note so I could go back to them. Sometimes I keep a Word document open while I'm browsing DG, so I can copy and paste a thread URL if it's something I may want later. It's a hodge-podge page of messy info, but it's all there on one document, saved under a brilliant title like "DG stuff." My memory gets worse all the time so I have to do this in self defense!

Valley Village, CA

I use the second product. I really like it. Any thing with a systemic in it I like. Norma

Tucson, AZ

I use Aleve, can't do aspirin :-)

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL @ Franj...

Alright, so I went to WM today to pick up the Bayer Advanced All-in-1 Rose and Flower care concentrate, the description says that it's 3 systemic products in 1.
Was confused between the two products, althought the granules one is half cheaper. Thought I'd try the concentrate first.

Which one are you using, Norma, the second product in my post (2-in-1 systemic Rose & flower care granules), or the second in Sheri's post (tree & shrub care)?

The bugs are really bothering me now. They keep on coming back attacking the same plants. I really hate the thought of tossing those plants away.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't remember who responded but i heard the 3 in 1...and yes, it's twice the price....ugh!!

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

I bought the liquid to 'pour' it on.
I hate sprays as I have asthma.
Ive read a lot of good about it on other forums.
Ill be using it to stop black spot, anthracnose and mites / mealies.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Malestrom, how much would you put in a container?
How do I know how much to pour in a plant after it got mixed? Based on the pot's size I guess, but can someone give me some kind of a guideline?

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

The Tree and Shrub(Bayer Advanced All-in-1 Rose and Flower care concentrate) is a concentrate that you mix 1oz. per gallon of water and drench the plants.

The above I copied from a thread on the Hoya forum into a text file that I keep for info that I may or could use from any of the forum that I am interested. Hope it helps! 8>)

Larry

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

you do that, too?

I'm a newbie to C&S, and I already started copying soil info into Word because there's so much info and I won't remember it

thanks for the systemic info, I may actually use it on my Hoya, too.

plantnutga

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

You are welcome!

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Yes soak it through
Do it in a larger container so as to reuse the mix as it comes through
Instead of letting it run off and be wasted.
I also find it most helpful as when feeding, to water thoroughly first
Otherwise the liquid just runs off at first.
I also do a bottom soak for smaller plants as top watering promotes fungi and damping off type diseases.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Great tips..!

Thanks Larry & Malestrom..!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Question Guys....are you saying to "drench" C & S??? Just wondering esp. with the weather starting to cool...would that not encourage rot? Luckily I haven't had to use it yet...but rot always concerns me with these plants.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh geez, why didn't I think of that...It's pretty cold here too, well mid 50's at night, I guess that's not as cold as most of you..
I just drenched all my C&S today. Now I have to cross my fingers and toes really really tight hoping that they won't rot...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Need to bump this thread up - or maybe I'll start a new post. I bought some of the Bayer's 3 in 1...but someone brought up a good point in another thread....the label states for outdoor use only. I'm I gonna be found dead beside my beloved plants if I use this stuff indoors?

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

If you applied this outdoor, let it soak thru, wait until it doesnt drip anymore and then bring it back in, shouldn't that be okay? Besides, the label says that it should last 6 weeks, so you probably don't have to apply it so often during the winter.
Alright, anyone, please add more advice on this. We don't want to find any other things dead besides the insects after bringing the plants indoor.

Boynton Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Has anyone ever used the bayer rose all in one on ceropegia woodi? I have three varieties and the mealya just eat them up as well as my string of pearls etc....my Korean hybrids I used a neem oil an burned so w a systemic like bottom watering the hearts succulent would you recommend I have tried everything peroxide, alcohol, diamataious earth on these an no luck so my last resort is the systemic plus I live in Florida these bugs are my worst nightmare!!!

Just realized this is from 2006!! So if anyone is still active thank you for responding!! ( in advance...lol)

This message was edited Sep 28, 2020 4:13 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.