madison star jasmine

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I ordered a madison star jasmine vine from wayside gardens and it has shipped. They said it is cold hardy to zone 7. I was wondering should I plant it outside in my garden this fall or keep it potted up in the house until spring? Does any one else have this one in their garden? Any advice appreciated.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Oh by the way every where else I look I am in zone 7. Daves says I'm in zone 6.I'm a little confused.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm not too familiar with this cultivar and I obviously don't live in your zone, but here's my two cents anyway! If the plant is small and you live at the bottom end of its hardiness range, you're taking your chances by planting it in the garden now unless you have a very protected spot. There's always a bit of a risk with plants that are borderline hardy that if you have a bad winter you could lose them, but the risks are a lot greater when the plant is small and not established, so personally I would keep it indoors or in a greenhouse and plant it in the spring.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I was leaning towards that!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That's what I did with a Confederate Jasmine I picked up last Nov. in FL...I kept it inside by a window until spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.