Fall plant sale

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

For those of you who were asking today about the plant sale at Powell Gardens, it is September 22-24. 10am-5 pm. 23rd noon-5pm 24th . The 22nd is reserved for Friends members only 5-7pm.

rural Hughesville, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info - M

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thanks, I've never been there, but last week I was thinking of taking my mom on a day trip.. thanks for the info..

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Where is Powell Gardens at? I am new.

It's located about 30 miles east of Kansas City on 50 hwy. Go to powellgardens.org to get more info on PG. The plant sale is awesome every year and every year I have to tell myself no. lol Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's best to get there early for the best selections because we sell out fast.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I don't get to come to this one but I will certainly be thinking of all of you and the teriffic plants that will be available. Donna and Penney and the volunteers who do all the growing for the sale do a superb job. The quality of all the plants is top notch.

Don't forget Yubi our resident greenhouse cat. lol. If not for her they would not be having as much fun as they do down there. I think she was a queen in a former life. She sure acts like one sometimes. If you lock her in a greenhouse she will howl and howl and when she finally gets out she holds a grudge for a week or longer. I can't wait til tomorrow. Gonna go check out the plants on my lunch break.

Well, I hit the sale today. My dad wanted 2 trees and I told him we had some nice sized ones for a good price. I found a ninebark maple and a sugar maple that I thought would work. I got one out of two right. I thought the ninebark was a tree and its not. It's a shrub!! I should have gotten the European hornbeam they had. Oh well. I might be able to get another tree Monday when I go back to work if they have any left. If I can get out of the house I might get one tomorrow. Maybe. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.