The Doorbell JUST RANG!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

And I was jumping for joy seeing it was Mr. FedX...delivering my clematis that I ordered from Chad over at GardenCrossings.Com...I still have more to come from Dan over at Brushwood!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis Montana "Mayleen","Tie Dye","Crystal Fountain" and another "Avante-Garde"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

What an excellent Specimen of Clematis Montana "Mayleen" Chad sent me..with glorious reddish-purple vines and Purply-bronze Leaves..yummy!!..Can't wait to get them planted...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Denver, CO

Excellent tastes. I can't wait to see your pictures in future when 'Tie Dye' blooms!
Have fun now,
K. James

Augusta, GA

Wow nice looking plants. I think I'll just head over to Chad's and have a peak...
Enjoy,
Deb

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

JeanneTx - your plants look great! Isn't it a thrill to unpack them, plant them and dream of next seasons blooms? Please post photos of blooms for us newbies.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, you naughty naughty girl! :~)

Which Roses are you going to combine your new Clematis with?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Shirley..you back from Las Vegas??..I know..isn't naughty awesome..LOL..I still have my order from Dan due to arrive anyday...I am going to Plant Climbing Rosa "Eden" and Climbing Rosa "Red Eden" on my Victorian Trellis Bench..On one of my Domed Pillars..I am planting Climbing Rosa "Dublinbay" and companioned it with Clematis "Tie-dye"...thought red and purple would be pretty...I am planting "Mayleen" on the new Pergola...and I am planting Clematis "Crystal Fountain " with Climbing Rosa "Handel"
I am thinking I will plant Clematis "Mme Julia Correvon" with Climbing Rosa "Eden"
I went hog wild on the Pergola and planted 4 of my climbing roses and will have to order two more climbers for the other 2 Domed Pillars..which of one I will plant Clematis "Blue Light" aka "Vanso"..Which will mean I will have to order two more clematis..LOL..I think...I'm still thinking but don't we always do that??..Jeanne

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yuph, I'm back! Had a terrific time in Vegas!! Fantastic shows & headliners!! Even found the time to enjoy the indoor train gardens at the Bellagio Hotel! They always have gorgeous indoor gardens and their exhibits keep changing, so there is always something new to see.

Your gardens will be magnificent (they already are gorgeous) when you add all those new Roses and awesome Clematis!!! Please post pictures as soon as they start blooming!!!

Girlfriend, how do you keep track of all your Clematis, Roses, Daylilies, Brugs, etc? Do you put them all on an Excel spreadsheet? It boggles the mind!

Happy plant buying & planning!

Shirl

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Isn't the "Bellagio" fabulous?!?!..I just love that place...I know most of my Roses and Clematis by heart but I did buy plant markers and put them down...I put pruning type on there as well..so when I am out and forget I don't have to stop and run in..altho I do admit I know most of their pruning types by heart now..you type it so many times you learn...that is what is great about passing on what you learn..you type it enough it become cemented in the brain..LOL..I got the beds Planted..that is with what I have...over did the new Pergola with Roses and Need to order two more and more clematis..whoopppeee..lol
I'm tired but I guess as Gardeners you'll understand when I say it's a good tired...something accomplished and something to look forward to next Spring...This is coming outta the front door...don't you think this will be a sweet place to decorate for the holidays...ScareCrows and Pumpkins,Santa...Maybe a Boy and Girl sitting...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Another Viewpoint

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My New Crape "Dynamite" got planted..look at all the area I still have to plant...I am dreaming of more rose bushes and Daylilys..just gotta figure out which ones and order them..I have found I've aquired a passion for the Spider-form of the daylilys..I love those the best...I also have some Crinums to plant in this bed..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Someone had asked about the rebar method I use to secure trellis' etc and here is a pic...I pounded them in and then put a leveler on there and raise them up as Gary tightens the screws..this keep the footsies outta the dirt so they won't rust and rot...and the wind won't blow them over

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Here you can see The rebar...I bought 4 foot lengths at Lowes for 67 cents a piece and pounded them almost all the way into the ground leaving enough to attach to the Pillars feet

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Climbing Rosa "Eden" has her new home!!..
I am awaiting for Clematis "Mme. Julia Correvon" to come from Dan's at Brushwood.com..thought she would look stunning with "Eden"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

As does Climbing Rosa "Red Eden"..poor little bugger...gonna have to stay ontop of watering!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Why aren't my pics showing up??

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The other bed got done too..see how plans change!!..I decided to place one Domed Pillar here and use the other two on each side of the Victorian Trellis Bench

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Boy didn't that last pic look bare..LOL..but there is Climbing Rosa "Dublinbay" planted along with Clematis "Tie-dye"..I really like documenting these pics on my website..then as the years pass see the progression and difference...Here is Dublinbay and Clematis Tie-dye..aren't they just wittle babies!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have wanted Bucks Rose "Distant Drums" forever!!..So I got two and planted one on each side of the Domed Pillar!!..I also got Clematis "Mayleen" planted on the Pergola today...I went so crazy planting All those Climbing Roses on the Pergola that I now have to order two more for the Front Dome Pillars by the Victorian Bench up front..decisions decisions...Hope you've enjoyed....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't know why the pics aren't showing up will try to redo this...This is coming outta the front door...don't you think this will be a sweet place to decorate for the holidays...ScareCrows and Pumpkins,Santa...Maybe a Boy and Girl sitting...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

rebar method I use to secure trellis' etc and here is a pic...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Climbing Rosa "Eden" has her new home!!..
I am awaiting for Clematis "Mme. Julia Correvon" to come from Dan's at Brushwood.com..thought she would look stunning with "Eden"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Please post pictures of you Brushwood order. I have been thinking about ordering from them and would love to see their plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.